Ultrasone PRO 550….Would they reach most of their potential if used with desktop speakers?
Aug 14, 2009 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Enigma3

New Head-Fier
Hi all,
I have recently joined this forum in the hopes of getting some feed back on the Ultrasone PRO 550 Headphones. I really just want to know 2 things;
1.Can a simple Logitech computer speaker set be used with them without an amp and would the S-Logic feature be present on them?
2.I know they possess a great deal of bass as I have read on Ultrasone’s website but can my desktop speakers be sufficient enough for the powerful bass to be heard, is the bass clear and is it overemphasized?

Looking forward to all responses

Aug 14, 2009 at 1:35 PM Post #2 of 4
Hi welcome to the forum, sorry about your wallet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

1. By Logitech computer speaker I presume there is an amplified headphone out, yeah this should work fine, I don't own the 550s but I can't see them requiring too much juice. Obviously they will scale up with a separate Amp/DAC but it isn't required. S-Logic is built into the headphone, it's the way the speaker driver is positioned so no problems there.

2. Ultrasones have the best bass I've heard in a headphone, the better the amp the better, tighter and deeper the bass, but again this should sound fine from the computer speakers... for now.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi welcome to the forum, sorry about your wallet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

1. By Logitech computer speaker I presume there is an amplified headphone out, yeah this should work fine, I don't own the 550s but I can't see them requiring too much juice. Obviously they will scale up with a separate Amp/DAC but it isn't required. S-Logic is built into the headphone, it's the way the speaker driver is positioned so no problems there.

2. Ultrasones have the best bass I've heard in a headphone, the better the amp the better, tighter and deeper the bass, but again this should sound fine from the computer speakers... for now.

LOL...I am actually not a US citizen and the country I live in has an exchange rate of $6.3 to $1US. I know it's gonna cost me a lot but hey great headphones are worth it especially when I am a novice to the audiophile world.
L3000.gif

R20%20LT.jpg

The attached pic is the speaker set I have these should work fine rite?
bigsmile_face.gif

Thanks for your response.

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #4 of 4
That setup will probably work just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back