Ultrasone PL 750 vs. Darth Beyer
Aug 17, 2007 at 1:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GreatDane

Headphoneus Supremus
My trigger finger is getting itchy and I'm close to ordering the 750. I'm curious how they compare to a v.3 Darth Beyer, mainly in bass quality/quantity.

Does anyone have experience with both of these headphones who would like to share their impressions?

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #2 of 7
750s received a very nice review, search button can find everything, even the G-spot.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #3 of 7
currently I have the PL2500 and the Darth Deep Cup Open V3 (Boobies). Not exactly your question. There is so much abundant and deep bass with the Darth that it is almost overpowering. Sometimes I feel the bass is bloated, but maybe it is because it seems to overpower the low mids.

The PR2500 does not have the bass impact, but it is there and it sounds more tame (more real?). It can be missed if you are not in tune with it. Bass on the Darth is there, and you know it.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #4 of 7
I've heard both and I don't really like either of them. I would take the darth's over the ultrasone, but its still just a dt770 on the inside of that thing.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:23 AM Post #5 of 7
Hmm, just a dt770? Heck why not say just dt770 drivers...dt770 sound is defined by the drivers and cup assembly. You know, it turns out that sound quality/properties do not only depend on drivers, but pads, cup/casing, size of ears...(I mean, it is possible that a llama will prefer the sound of SR-80s over HD650s, it is the whole idea of tastes). On a sidenote, woodied Ultrasones? Did I just make someone experience arrhythmia by any chance? Is there mod potential in Ultrasones? It is 1:30 AM, I am not sleeping and you are not sleeping. One of us needs to think about this idea. Ok, now I am sleeping.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
but its still just a dt770 on the inside of that thing.

many higher end headphones share common drivers with less expensive headphones, but the whole package is much better. So I do not think your point has much merit, just adds confusion.

Aug 17, 2007 at 5:38 AM Post #7 of 7
I'd drink to that, if it wasn't for my Liver
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back