Ultrasone Inc. officially announces the Edition 8 Headphone
Apr 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM Post #16 of 35
OK, I have been patient long enough...Where are my 8s? or at least when will they be shipping. It is the middle of the month and nothing has been noted about when they are going to be released except for Mar/Apr time frame. I know it is still in that window but are there any specifics that can be told?

Apr 12, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OK, I have been patient long enough...Where are my 8s? or at least when will they be shipping. It is the middle of the month and nothing has been noted about when they are going to be released except for Mar/Apr time frame. I know it is still in that window but are there any specifics that can be told?

I will contact NS&L tomorrow to have an update.

Apr 12, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #18 of 35
hehe do i still need to contact the useless australia distributor listed by ultrasone to get one?

last time i asked them, specifically about the new Pro 750 they said the new ones are ProLine 750 :p

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 35
I have been told that the ship-date will be near the end of April. The various parts for the Edition 8 are received from around the world then are assembled by hand in Germany. They are then sent out to the various distributors worldwide. The logistics to get the manufacturing started is a huge undertaking, but they will begin shipping very soon.

A list of all authorized Ultrasone Edition 8 dealers will soon be posted on the Ultrasone Edition Headphones website.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Apr 13, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by ultrapaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been told that the ship-date will be near the end of April. The various parts for the Edition 8 are received from around the world then are assembled by hand in Germany. They are then sent out to the various distributors worldwide. The logistics to get the manufacturing started is a huge undertaking, but they will begin shipping very soon.

A list of all authorized Ultrasone Edition 8 dealers will soon be posted on the Ultrasone Edition Headphones website.

Thanks for your update....I know things are in process but I had to do the tweaking anyway.
smile.gif

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #21 of 35
Apr 23, 2009 at 9:41 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last update I received they were still scheduled for end of April. Lets hope it did not get delayed again.

At least your up-front and not hiding as is the appearance given by some which is my I take....It does not really matter if it is end of April or end of May as long as I get my headphone....and it is done right.

Supplies apparently are hard to come by all around in a lot of industries lately. This is not just a problem with Ultrasone and Sennheiser...

May 11, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by pfillion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No and it looks like we will never receive them because Northern Sound & Light are not anymore authorised to sell the Edition 8.
angry_face.gif

I got the same call from NL&S...
angry_face.gif
..sorry folks. Where will the next best place to acquire them be? Or should I take the offered Edition 9s instead?

May 11, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #28 of 35
It seems to me Ultrasone should sell NS&L enough 8's for them to fulfill their pre-orders at the very least.

How nasty is that for Ultrasone to pull out like this so terribly late in the game...

@pfillion, btw, Ultrasone isn't going to provide NS&L with ANYTHING anymore, according to their website.

May 12, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It seems to me Ultrasone should sell NS&L enough 8's for them to fulfill their pre-orders at the very least.

How nasty is that for Ultrasone to pull out like this so terribly late in the game...

@pfillion, btw, Ultrasone isn't going to provide NS&L with ANYTHING anymore, according to their website.

I don't know what's the real story behind this mess but it's really disappointing. I am not sure that I will continue to support the products from Ultrasone in the future.

May 12, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #30 of 35
Just order from SOUND EARPHONES...

Northern Sound got what they deserved, in selling the Edition 8 for that low-ball price. Considering the MSRP of the E8, the Northern Sound price was too good to be true.

Personally, I ordered my pair from Michael at Sound Earphones. Got a few dollars off the MSRP with one of his coupons. Additionally, Sound Earphones provides exceptional Customer Service

Note: I just wish this guy UltraPaul would post an update on the status of the Edition 8's. As a representative of Ultrasone on this Forum, wouldn't that be expected of him? He is there when someone wants to buy, but no where to be found when we want updates

Users who are viewing this thread

Back