Ultrasone Hi-Fi 2400 - Do I need an amp?
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Bozzafrenzy

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I have the Ultrasone Hi-Fi 2400 headphones and I was wondering if I needed an amp to make them sound better.

If so, what amplifier should I get?

I've been listening to them through my iphone and Mac but I think I'm missing out.

Jul 16, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 6
Being 75 ohm headphones some extra power is good. How much are you willing to spend? i assume you want a portable amp. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
Hey guys I have the Ultrasone Hi-Fi 2400 headphones and I was wondering if I needed an amp to make them sound better.
If so, what amplifier should I get?
I've been listening to them through my iPhone and Mac but I think I'm missing out.

iPhone 4 or iPhone 5?

Jul 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Being 75 ohm headphones some extra power is good. How much are you willing to spend? i assume you want a portable amp. 

Yes, being 75 ohm, they sound better amped.

Here is its predecessor (HFI-2200) being amped by an old skool portable.

Jul 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I don't want to spend more than $50

Let's put this in perspective Bozz. 

You have an iPhone but would like an amp to pair with it and the Ultrasone HFI-2400.  Let's just say it's an iPhone 4S or lower (don't need to worry about a lightning connector for now, unless it's a 5).  First, you would need an LOD (line-out dock) to bypass the iPhone's amp and get a clean signal to amp.

A Fiio LOD and the E6 amp would get you there to your budget I'm guessing.  If you can up it a bit more, I would get the PA2V2 and the Fiio LOD.

If you don't want to invest in an LOD to get a clean signal, then just stick with iPhone and 2400s.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back