Ultrasone HFI-580 best headphone for house music?
Mar 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #2 of 2
Yess! Around that price bracket they will just about out perform any other 'phones for playing house and electric music. They have a great, well presented range and just sound fantastic, if you like your bass deep and heavy that is. Though it can sound a little artifical or boosted at times (though I don't find this at all annoying)
The mid range sometimes seems to hide behind the bass ever so slightly but also sounds great.
At the higher end of the sonic spectrum I could detect a small amount of metallic like sparkle, only when I listened out for it though.
I find these very comfy headphones, though I will mention that sometimes the headband padding can become a little bit annoying after extended use.. I have a small head and wear these on the smallest setting.
Overall, I really like the sound for lots of different genres. just for referance, I usually listen to ecletcic, low tempo, hiphop, dub/reggae and a few electric subgenres - house/psy-trance/dubtronica/techno to name a few.
I use these at home and when I'm out and about. I commute by bus for 2 hours a day and I find they isolate noise pretty well.
For a portable setup, the 3m cable can be abit inconveinient, but braiding the cable down to about 1.2/1.5m is a quick fix and easy to do.  I highly doubt you would be dissapointed with these, should you buy some!
Hope this helps :)  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back