Ultrasone HFI-580 and Sansa Fuze
May 25, 2009 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

smm11

100+ Head-Fier
Don't know if this should go in this section or portable sources section but...I just ordered a new sansa fuze (hopefully will arive this week). I was wondering if anyone knew whether or not my HF-580's would work with out a larger portable amp. I have also ordered a fiios e5 for it, but that is really for my OK3's that I ordered as well. I figured that I wouldn't really be using the HFI-580's that much with the fuze, I just happen to have a big trip coming and thought I would take them on the plane with me. so will the fiio e5 be good enough or do I need something with more power?

Thanks.

May 25, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #3 of 9
The 580s will indeed work
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2009 at 7:19 PM Post #4 of 9
yup, you're good to go. Even if you don't use the Fiio, the Sones should sound pretty good. Have a nice trip!

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:39 PM Post #7 of 9
I listen to my HFI-550 through my Sansa Clip. No complaints here. The 580s should do just fine as well.

Jun 24, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Almoxil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listen to my HFI-550 through my Sansa Clip. No complaints here. The 580s should do just fine as well.

haha. That's like my friend's set-up. he has a shuffle, and he runs hd555s out of them.
I dunno, I just think having a source specifically made to be small and running full sized phones out of it is funny.

Jun 25, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
haha. That's like my friend's set-up. he has a shuffle, and he runs hd555s out of them.
I dunno, I just think having a source specifically made to be small and running full sized phones out of it is funny.

My main player is a Cowon S9 (or Cowon D2+), but I enjoy listening to my Clip through the 550s when I'm at home -- great sound in small package, and I don't have to worry about breaking the player when doing my chores.

But I agree, seeing the Clip attached to big cans is funny indeed.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back