Ultrasone HFI-580, A Good Fit?
Sep 16, 2013 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Ventasion

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm helping my friend look for the perfect headphones for him but he needs some help. His budget is around $150 and he's buying online.

He's looking for headphones that'll be good for his somewhat small head. This is the criteria he's hoping to match.

a) Gaming. He plays a lot of first person shooter games, and he wants to have pinpoint accuracy on the sound. He will be using Razer Surround to help out.

b) Music. He listens to Dubstep, Glitchhop, EDM and the occasional Pop song (o.o"). He really wouldn't care if it complements the Pop genre, he would like for it to be great with the other genres. He wants to hear and feel the thumping of the bass.

c) Portability. He travels a lot, both plane and car rides. He wants most sound to be blocked out when he's listening to music. He lives with a big family so that means tons of noise.

d) Leakage. This really isn't a big deal to him but it would be great if the leakage would be minimum.

e) Build Quality. He kind of breaks everything he has in a couple of months but he's going to be as careful as he can be with his new headphones. That isn't enough for him, and I would love if the build quality would be great so he doesn't waste $150.

f) Closed backs and over-the-ear. Again, not a big deal but it would be nice.

Does the Ultrasone HFI-580 fit the criteria or at least most of it? Which ones? If there are any better choices for him, please tell me. Thanks for the help in advance! :D

~Ventasion

EDIT: This would probably be best in the Help and Recommendations forum, sorry guys.

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
  a) Gaming. He plays a lot of first person shooter games, and he wants to have pinpoint accuracy on the sound. He will be using Razer Surround to help out.

They wouldn't be the best for fps gaming. Most headphones with thumping bass have narrow soundstage and poor imaging. But then, most other closed-back alternatives under $150 aren't great for competitive gaming either, so it's up to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back