Ultrasone: HFI-580 a good bass phone to accompany my HD600?
Aug 22, 2008 at 10:07 PM Post #16 of 19
no, cables don't change headphone impedance. other electronic circuitry however could do that but either way... other electronic circuitry could also dramatically change the sound

Aug 22, 2008 at 10:10 PM Post #17 of 19
I thought that the ETY ER4p/b/s

Was just different cables changing the independence :S

Well i've decided 780 or D2000 which would you say is best for my needs?

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:12 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, cables don't change headphone impedance. other electronic circuitry however could do that but either way... other electronic circuitry could also dramatically change the sound

Actually, they do. The sound difference between two different cable is largely due to their different impedance. If you electronically measure the different cables made with different materials you will get two different ohm values.

In the case between 680 and 780, the impedance difference could very well be the cable which I haven't thought about. The impedance difference between those two phones is really insignificant. ( >=5 ohm) Hypothetically speaking, that kind of impedance can come from anything from slightly different materials of cable, extra components in the phones, extra pathways for the signal and etc.. It's been a long time since I finished my electronic courses so I may be inaccurate on some of the things I said but I am 100% sure that cables have impedance of their own.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:20 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pecker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The independence could just be a different cable?

I may try get the 780 on the FS forum then!

I can bypass the burn in stage then
biggrin.gif
thanks guys

I know here in the states some of the guitar center stores have them in the stores so we can actually test them out if we wanted to. If possible, I'd suggest you find (if any) a store that has some ultrasone phones and try them out in person.

Who knows, you may like the 580 better out of all, or think that price difference is not worth spending.
evil_smiley.gif

(Honestly, we need more 580 owners. It's such an underrated phone.
regular_smile .gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back