Ultrasone HFI-15G comparison
Dec 13, 2009 at 4:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nonsupremous

1000+ Head-Fier
Does anyone here own the HFI-15G? I wonder if anyone could do a compare them to other heapdhones in the price range? Sennheiser HD238? Grado SR80/60 or the PortaPro? I know the PortaPro is half the price of the rest of these, but sound wise, they are in the same league or better.

The HFI-15G has been around for a long time but seem to have very little traffic here. I have the 238 and the PortaPro, but I never use the 238 over my PortaPro's. I am actually considering selling my 238's. They are just too laid back for my taste.

Although my PortaPro's will be in my inventory forever, I do switch heapdhones for different moods and different music. So I have never really read a review or seen a comparison of the HFI-15G. I am a fan of the S-Logic sound so they have intrugued me for a long time.

Dec 13, 2009 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 4
these are bassy and midrangey with recessed highs. not as clear as a grado or portapro. large soundstage, has a typical ultrasone mid range sound

Dec 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 4
I have HFI-15G. Well, turned them into frankenphones by implanting Sportapro drivers in them. Reason? Disappointed with sound - the closest term to describe HFI-15G is dull and lifeless.
frown.gif

The build quality is OK, they are quite comfortable and light, cable is very short good for portable use only.

I'd give them 1 star out of 5, poor SQ and value for money. They've been relegated to the Skype listening only...

KSC75 will eat them for breakfast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back