Ultrasone HFI-15G Appreciation Thread
Apr 13, 2007 at 3:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

undo

100+ Head-Fier
73a5edde6fc6879a1fbf.jpg

8b32d78b991eed6f0354.jpg

In fact, I find strange that HFI-15G could not get the share it deserved in US markets (yes, this is probably because Ultrasone did not really wanted to, and the distributors as well) and I just wanted any "$80-120 interval's quality seeker" to know that HFI-15G is definitely one the best of its class. As far as I experienced, as an open type, it's far better than Koss KSC-75 (not surprisingly; especially at highs & clarity) and Sennheiser PX100 (not sure, talking theoretically. A specific comparison may be made by any user who tried both). Not as a member of canal phones category but as a quite mobile gear, HFI-15G is also better than V-Moda Vibes, especially thanks to more efficient bass. Next, not surprisingly again, 15G has more soundstage than Ety ER4P can offer.

Ok, this was the most superficial review of the forum, yet what I wished is to make sure that those Ultrasones are noticed by more listeners; thus, more and healthier feedback from existing users as well. Here's the specs (source: ultrasone.com)

Wherever you go ... with HFI-15G

Short description:

Open, supra-aural superior headphones
with S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound
Free demo-CD enclosed

Technical specifications:

S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound
Reduced magnetic field emissions
Standard LE (=Low Emission)
Dynamic principle
Frequency range 20 Hz - 20.000 Hz
Impedance 32 Ohm
Sound pressure level 96 dB
Driver 40 mm Mylar

Weight 85 g (without cord)
Cord length ca. 3 m
3,5/6,3 mm gold-plated plug

Long-term availability of spare parts

S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound
The HFI-15G is a lightweight superior pair of headphones with
3D sound characteristics. This effect is a result of ULTRASONE’s
S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound.

Safer hearing
In addition, the HFI-15G is easy on the ears: The S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound System allows an up to 40% lower dB output (3-4 dB) for the same loudness sensation, thereby the risk of hearing defects may be reduced enormously.

Reduced Magnetic Field Emissions
Like all the ULTRASONE headphones, the HFI-15G has a strongly reduced radiation. LE standard (LE = Low Emission) offers a reduction of up to 60% in comparision with ordinary headphones.
It is certified and recommended by Technical Surveillance Organisations and Consumer Advice Centers with certified low magnetic field emissions.

Character
They do look like their fellows in the store but once you try them you
will never again forget this experience. Pure innovation and the new standard in sound quality for headphones - that´s what it is. This is
the world’s smallest pair of headphones with a functional S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound System. Software game manufacturers use these headphones for testing the sound parameters for computer games.

No other system like S-Logic™ Natural Surround Sound takes you inside your DVD movie or your PC game. If you are watching your DVD movie on a PC or with a home cinema audio set, just plug in your HFI-15G and you will be part of the movie. Due to its small size and its light weight, the HFI-15G is also ideal for mobile applications (walkman, MP3-player).

Mar 18, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #2 of 2
Oh yeah!!!
Brilliant to see all the love for this criminally overlooked headphone.

Or not...
I don’t get it. This is basically a cheaper mdr-ma900 with a more coherent soundstage and comfort that is quite simply unsurpassed.
My friend bought one last summer because of the unusual hot weather and ended up selling his beloved hd650. He said that the Sennie went a little lower in the bass but aside from that he prefered the Ultrasone in every way.

One thing though: placement is KEY!!! It took me a lot of different positions to find my sweetspot.
Another thing worth mentioning?
It’s built like the blackbird plane ie flimsy and rattling whilst lying around doing nothing...but once you get them out in the air you see the brilliant aerobatics come into play.

-THE most comfortable can ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back