Ultrasone headband cracked
Feb 19, 2008 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sanufi

New Head-Fier
My Ultrasone HFI-2200 ULE has developed cracks in the headband and a small corner piece of plastic has broken off near one of the screws. The headphone is no longer under the 2-year warranty. What are my options?

I am from Australia and I bought the headphones from an online computer store here in Oz.

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #3 of 8
No way! I just encountered a similar problem with mine.
Contact Ultrasone indeed, they are very friendly so I hope you can work something out. Good luck!

Feb 19, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 8
Hey Indra,

I replied to your initial question regarding this in the big thread.

PM me and update me as to where this issue currently stands for you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 29, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #5 of 8
I contacted the local distributer here in Australia and they said that the a new headband will cost AUD$60 (US$57) plus a labor charge of AUD$60. Is this charge appropriate? Is it possible to just order a new headband and repair it myself?

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 8
As the OP wrote, it´s Ultrasone HP is no longer under warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanufi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The headphone is no longer under the 2-year warranty. What are my options?

Feb 29, 2008 at 1:58 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by sanufi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I contacted the local distributer here in Australia and they said that the a new headband will cost AUD$60 (US$57) plus a labor charge of AUD$60. Is this charge appropriate? Is it possible to just order a new headband and repair it myself?

Yeah, I would just get the headband and visually assess the work involved. If it then appeared to be too big a job for me I'd send it to the shop. Otherwise, you save $60 and gain the satisfaction of having performed surgery on one of your favorite things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back