Ultrasone hard case question
Sep 1, 2009 at 1:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

xyz

100+ Head-Fier
i still have my pro900 hard case, wondering if a pair of AT ESW9 would fit in them for travel. obviously don't have the ESW9 yet to try it out but need to find another hard case situation for them if not before purchase.

edit: also curious if they can hold the 780's, i know they're a slightly different shape and the 780's don't come with a case of their own to my knowledge.

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:55 AM Post #2 of 6
The ESW9s are quite small. I was very suprised when I got them. I think they will easily fit. They fit like a glove in the AT case I bought. It's dimensions are smaller then the Ultrasone hard case.

Ultrasone hard case - 215 x 215 x 80 mm
AT case - 210 × 190 × 60mm

Sep 1, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #3 of 6
is there a hard case specifically made for the esw9? i'm aware it comes with some sort of soft case but i'm very anal about throwing a hard case around every piece of tech i have during flights and such.

Sep 1, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #4 of 6
I found mine on eBay. A few Japanese sellers list them.
I bought off this seller: Audio-Technica Headphone carrying case AT-HPP5 BK *EMS* on eBay.ca (item 290337511094 end time 05-Sep-09 13:59:24 EDT)

Not sure what online retailer carry it.

Note: The inside pouch is removable, which is good, because it's pretty much useless. As is the insert that seperates the cups. The case literally fits the ESW9 like a glove. It's a bit of a squeeze. If your Ultrasone case is bigger, I would recommend sticking with that. Otherwise, the build quality is excellent. Case is hard enough to protect on the outside and very soft on the inside.

Sep 1, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by xyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
edit: also curious if they can hold the 780's, i know they're a slightly different shape and the 780's don't come with a case of their own to my knowledge.

Yes they will fit.

Sep 2, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #6 of 6
Here's an idea. Go to your local Wal-Mart if possible, and go to sporting goods section you can buy a hard case for a 9mm or .45 cal. handgun if on sale or clearance for about $5 USD. You can also buy very nice handguns cases for about $20-$25 USD there. If no Wal-mart available you can check out sporting goods stores and firearms stores. Happy Listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back