Ultrasone Edt. 9 head count!
Aug 19, 2007 at 10:32 AM Post #61 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvs_75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
#28.
Just did recount again with Rudi includid.

And I know 3 more owners who haven't checked into this thread yet, so that would be over 30. The cool thing for me to think about is that when I got mine in late April, there were only 2-3 regular posters (at least on the Ultrasone and several of the smaller Edition 9 threads) who had the Edition 9s. A lot of folks were put off by the price, so thay didn't have a lot of exposure. And what there was, wasn't always favorable, owing to a bad rap (based upon one headphone) carry over from Edition 7s. Since then there has been an explosion of interest/owners of Edition 9s, with (I'd say) largely a favorable response. It's my take that we've been relatively early adopters of a headphone that will aguire "legendary" status, needing only the added cachet of being discontinued to cross into that level of esteem.

Aug 19, 2007 at 12:11 PM Post #63 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don’t think that is the truth, because I have photo white leather and blue cover ones.

That is the Edition 7, not the 9...

Aug 19, 2007 at 12:24 PM Post #64 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaloS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
=O can we try that again without reflections? Do you just mean metallic/reflective when you say silver?

That is what I mean. My photography doesn't get any better than that.
icon10.gif

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #67 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by Piotr Ryka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Photo was signed E9, but as a diler you know better.

Negative, not sure where did you get the idea, but I'm not a dealer for Ultrasone headphones at all...(I wish to have the means to be...
wink.gif
)

But I know both models, as many headfiers here, and the Blue with a white pads is the Edition 7, many here has them...See both pictures below:

07-facts.jpg
ultrasone2.jpg

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #68 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by tyrion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is what I mean. My photography doesn't get any better than that.
icon10.gif

Then there is only one type of Edition 9s, save the black/white cables (and I am pretty certain that all of the ones we can buy are with black cables). Reflection substantially changes the perceived color of the cups.

Aug 19, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #69 of 208
Quote:

Then there is only one type of Edition 9s, save the black/white cables (and I am pretty certain that all of the ones we can buy are with black cables). Reflection substantially changes the perceived color of the cups.

I think that the white cable was a prototype or sort of, as I have never seen any other with white cables in my life, just this picture that BTW is always the same...

Aug 19, 2007 at 6:36 PM Post #70 of 208
Sovkiller;3207933 said:
Negative, not sure where did you get the idea, but I'm not a dealer for Ultrasone headphones at all...(I wish to have the means to be...
wink.gif
)

I must wrong understand somebody post.
tongue.gif

BTW I still think, that this E9 cabel is unsatisfaying. Maybe I try to change it for some Crystal Cable - sufficient thin and undoubtedly very good quality.

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM Post #71 of 208
Piotr Ryka;3208059 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wink.gif
)

I must wrong understand somebody post.
tongue.gif

BTW I still think, that this E9 cabel is unsatisfaying. Maybe I try to change it for some Crystal Cable - sufficient thin and undoubtedly very good quality.

You might check on this. I believe that Sovkiller has stated many times that the Edition 9 cable is good cable and that it's sound signature was taken into account when tuning the overall Editon 9 sound signature. That said, if you go ahead and change out the cables, I'm sure a lot of us Edition 9 owners woiuld like to heard about any sonic improvements/changes.

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #72 of 208
There was one of the silver cupped Edition 9s at this meet - that surprised me a bit...

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #73 of 208
Quote:

Originally Posted by ldj325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might check on this. I believe that Sovkiller has stated many times that the Edition 9 cable is good cable and that it's sound signature was taken into account when tuning the overall Editon 9 sound signature. That said, if you go ahead and change out the cables, I'm sure a lot of us Edition 9 owners woiuld like to heard about any sonic improvements/changes.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that everything Sovkiller says should be taken with a boulder of salt.
confused.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #75 of 208
Quote:

There was one of the silver cupped Edition 9s at this meet - that surprised me a bit...

Did you get a picture of it? You think this may be like the one Tyron was talking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back