Ultrasone Edition M Plus
Aug 15, 2016 at 5:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

plakat

Headphoneus Supremus
I did not find a thread for the new Edition M+, but find the model variant quite interesting. Ultrasone has been hit and miss for me so far, with ranging from what "would never consider" through "quite nice but not at its asking price" to "excellent comfort, mediocre sound" and "nice sound, mediocre comfort"

With the announcement of the original Edition M they definitely piqued my interest: a high-aiming mobile headphone. But on-ear. Oh well. Now the M+ is over-ear, looks nice and might just fit my bill since I'm always looking for high-end mobile headphones. Seriously considering this one. Did anyone try it out yet?

http://www.ultrasone.audio/de/produkte/editionen/ultrasone-edition-m-plus

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 4
I have Edition M and find it to be quite excellent. However this model seems more intriguing and can also be used at home. Maybe I should sell it and buy this one instead?.. Have you had a chance to try it?

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:14 AM Post #3 of 4
Yes, in the mean time I did have a chance to try them out and I put them down even before one title finished. While I quite liked the Signature DJ all other Ultrasone models I've heard suffer from a very artificial upper midrange with confusing spatial clues, overall very far from what I would expect for their asking price. Materials used and build quality seem ok, although too much plastic given the price. Comfort was OK.

Yes, I do know that Ultrasone is very proud of their S-Logic construction, butI really don't mind. Looking at what can be seen inside the cups it just doesn't look like a good idea to me, albeit explaining what I hear.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #4 of 4
Yes, in the mean time I did have a chance to try them out and I put them down even before one title finished. While I quite liked the Signature DJ all other Ultrasone models I've heard suffer from a very artificial upper midrange with confusing spatial clues, overall very far from what I would expect for their asking price. Materials used and build quality seem ok, although too much plastic given the price. Comfort was OK.

Yes, I do know that Ultrasone is very proud of their S-Logic construction, butI really don't mind. Looking at what can be seen inside the cups it just doesn't look like a good idea to me, albeit explaining what I hear.

Thanks... In the meantime I sold my Edition M and looking for a new can. 
smile.gif
 It's kind of hard to decide. It'll be strictly for home use. Have you heard Beyer Amiron? I'm considering that and Fostex TH-610 as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back