Ultrasone Edition 9 Total Production Run?
Mar 2, 2008 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

sonic32

500+ Head-Fier
What is the number of unit Ultrasone plan to produce in total? How close to the end of production are they? I did read somewhere the number was 1100 units worldwide, but cannot verify and have seen posters here with serial numbers in the 900's, so by that formula it might be getting close.

Mar 2, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 48
They are a production run of 1111. I have seen 9XX but I don't remember the exact number. I was told by Ultrasone US that they were near the end of the production for the 9's and they were always a limited production. There are something like 150 or less left to be produced, from what I have been told.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are a production run of 1111. I have seen 9XX but I don't remember the exact number. I was told by Ultrasone US that they were near the end of the production for the 9's and they were always a limited production. There are something like 150 or less left to be produced, from what I have been told.

Sovkiller said in this post that it is not a limited edition.
confused.gif

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #5 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovkiller said in this post that it is not a limited edition.
confused.gif

That's what I've read several times. I suppose not being a limited edition doesn't necessarily mean they will be produced forever, but if the product is good and is selling well, I see no reason, other than having an excuse to rise the prices on its "improved new limited edition", to stop making them.

Rgrds.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #6 of 48
All I can repeat is what Ultrasone has told me 3 times on different occasions in 2008, that the run is 1111 and that Ultrasone Germany stated in mid Jan. that about 200 were left for the total run and then that would be it, as always planned. There isn't much I can add to that except that the last conversation was about 1 week ago.

Even the Koss KSC35's had a limited run, though a rather long one. :^)

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:22 PM Post #7 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I can repeat is what Ultrasone has told me 3 times on different occasions, that the run is 1111 and that Ultrasone Germany stated in mid Jan. that about 200 were left for the total run and then that would be it, as always planned. There isn't much I can add to that.

Well, your source of info is hard to dispute. It would be nice if they would just come out and say what their plans are in regards to production numbers as Audio-Technica has always done.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #9 of 48
I just sent Ultrasone Germany an e-mail asking them if production of the Edition 9 is limited or if they plan to produce them till they are not profitable any more. I'll let you know when I hear from them.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

I just sent Ultrasone Germany an e-mail asking them if production of the Edition 9 is limited or if they plan to produce them till they are not profitable any more. I'll let you know when I hear from them.

Please do.

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #11 of 48
Quote:

you actually phrased it that way. i'd be surprised if they got back to you.

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:06 PM Post #12 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you actually phrased it that way. i'd be surprised if they got back to you.

No, I didn't phrase it that way, but I didn't quote my mail, because it was one of those web pages that make your mail disappear after you click the [send] button...
Don't know for sure if they will be back of course, but you never know if you don't try, right?

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #14 of 48
well, if it is limited to 1111, then i suppose those wanting to own a pair should consider buying one soon. as for collectible purposes, i'm not sure i see the value or demand being there. the general opinion of the Ed.9 is too divided and i suspect ultrasone most likely, somewhere down the road, will release an Ed.11.

Mar 2, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #15 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, if it is limited to 1111, then i suppose those wanting to own a pair should consider buying one soon. as for collectible purposes, i'm not sure i see the value or demand being there. the general opinion of the Ed.9 is too divided and i suspect ultrasone most likely, somewhere down the road, will release an Ed.11.

I wouldn't be suprised if it was sooner rather than later. the current prolines are all listed as discontinued. unless ultrasone is getting rid of the series, there should be a successor down the pipeline.

Ultrasone of America - Discontinued Part Number Listing [20 per page, page 1]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back