UltraSone Edition 9 Headphones
Dec 12, 2008 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2
We are very excited about our new line of headphones that we have just picked up!!! Ultrasone is increasingly growing its hype of being a much demanded item in the “Headphone Lovers World”. It is starting to compete with such companies like Sennheiser and Audio Technica on quality, sound, and comfort. I talked to many people recently on this matter and they kept on telling me “Jason! You’ve got to pick up Ultrasone as a new line.” Jude Mansilla, founder of Head-Fi, finally convinced to proceed and am very glad now that I did. We have sold Ultrasone very well since picking it up and don’t expect to see any decline in sales anytime soon.

One product that brings alot of hype when talking about Ultrasone is their Top of the Line / Super Comfortable / Hand Crafted in Germany/ Yet Very Pricy Edition 9 S-Logic Surround Sound Headphone.

I spoke with Paul Taylor, President of UltraSone, one day on the phone for about 20 minutes on just this one product. He went on and on about it. He said it is like no other headphone he's ever tried. I tell you what… it pumps me up when someone gets that excited about one of his products. I haven’t heard them myself but becuase of our recent addition of their line, we should see them start rolling in soon.

Here are a few but incredible specs on this popular item. First of all, the ear covers are made of Etheopian sheep leather to give it the most comfortable fit possible. Are you kidding me?! Also because they are not mass-manufactured, they can garauntee top quality. They are individually hand made in Germany. The design and look of this set is also very interestingly accomplished. The icons on the side of each speaker is made by the same people who make the Rolls Royce hood ornaments. WOW!!!

Please let me know what you think. Have you listened to them? Have you heard anything else about them?

Thanks for reading!

Dec 16, 2008 at 7:36 AM Post #2 of 2
Since the ED9 has recently been discontinued, I felt I had to own a pair at least once to see what all the hype was about. It was going to be tough for them, as they are up against my modified Denon D5000s that, after listening, make just about every other headphone seem boring.

S-Logic has been described as making the sound seem like it's all around your head. The effect this has for me is that the sound is more in a narrow vertical column around my head, than with other headphones that have a wider and deeper soundstage (actually headstage). Coming from some other brands of headphones, (IMO, Audiotechnica that to me, sound like the sound is coming from the drivers next to one's ears) S-Logic would probably sound amazing. It certainly sounds unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back