Ultrasone 780 vs. ATH-M50
Dec 31, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #17 of 24
I think im going to k ill my self and get this over with....

PRO 750 = To harsh Treble, people described it like glass being shoved into their ears. ( I would not want to hear anything close to t hat for the money im paying )

ATH-M50 = To neutral, not bright enough, just a bunch of hype for nothing. ( I do not want to purchase these and get nothing out of them )

Can someone please help me with an honest opinion, someone who owns the two, Im not going to use an amp EVER tell me which one!!!!

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #18 of 24
Quote:
I think im going to k ill my self and get this over with....

PRO 750 = To harsh Treble, people described it like glass being shoved into their ears. ( I would not want to hear anything close to t hat for the money im paying )

ATH-M50 = To neutral, not bright enough, just a bunch of hype for nothing. ( I do not want to purchase these and get nothing out of them )

Can someone please help me with an honest opinion, someone who owns the two, Im not going to use an amp EVER tell me which one!!!!

Okay, I'm gonna give you some learned lessons.

1. Everyone has been giving you their honest opinion.
2. Everyone has a different opinion because everyone has their own taste in music, sounds, etc.
3. Amazon has an amazing return policy and yes, you can return them for a full refund if you don't like them.

My advice, get the M50. Why?? Because you started 3 thread asking the same exact question and have gotten dozens of opinion but yet you still keep going back to the M50. Kill your curiosity and buy the M50, or else you are gonna keep wondering if you should had went with the M50. Again Amazon has an amazing return policy. You can try them both, keep the one you want and return the other one.

They are both great headphones. Are they good for your music preference? That's up to you.
My opinion, The M50 don't have enough bass for rap, dubstep, etc. But if you're not a basshead than you will probably like them.
The Ultrasone does have piercing highs at high volume but you can EQ them down. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #22 of 24
I have both the 780 and the M50.  The 780 have more pronounced bass, but unlike some others I also like the M50s very much.  Don't know what your source is, but I use both as part of a rotation in semi portable mode.  ie library coffee shop etc.  I always use them with my Ipod. 

Both benefit greatly with an amp, and a line out with this source.  An E11 with line out is well worth the investiment. 

Bottom line, for what you want 780 hands down.     

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:56 PM Post #23 of 24
In my opinion for dubstep and equally bass HEAVY music, the ultrasone 780 did not satisfy my tastes at all... I don't know if I am a basshead but to me the ultrasone 780s are SO SO with EDM purely in the bass department, I quite liked everything else about the headphone.

Next up PRO 900.

Edit: I also had the O2 amp and it really made everything sound more full, separation of instruments was better, and vocals had less of a veil, Bass tightened up even more and sounded super clean, but it just didn't have enough of a presence or extension for my tastes, Although I will admit on a few songs my headphones did shake, I also didn't do a complete burn in.

I'm only a junior head-fi'er so don't take everything I have to say to the bank :). Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back