Ultrasone 580 VS Shure 750
Apr 1, 2012 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

thaserty

New Head-Fier
Alright, So after whole loads of research and running around I have come to two final conclusion that I cannot either choose.

Either Ultrasone 580 and Shure 750. Which one would you go for? and why?

I have been reading a lot of threads and reviews and it seem that both of them are very bassy (which is in a way a quality that I looked for as I was once a bass player, so bass is important)

I listen to a lot of music type but main around Funk, Soul, Big Band and Acid Jazz. I also listen to Santana and that kind of bands that fills with loads of small instruments and percussion (often found in Acid jazz).

So yeah .. which one is the best.

I found Shure 750 at 99.00 euro and Ultrasone 580 at 119.00 euro (both not inc P&P to finland)

TOO HARD TO CHOOSE!

(If you live in finland and happens to owns them or knows the shop that I could test those two then I would love to hear your comment!)

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #3 of 5
hmm... That is hard.

I would have to actually listen to it first since I cannot find them here in Finland. I totally loved my Klipsch S4i and I believed that both of these are already a great upgrade from my Klipsch.

I dont mind the detachable parts but I would prefer the clearer Treble. Does that sound like 580? I heard that on Shure 750 the Treble aren't that great

Apr 1, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #4 of 5
Treble on the SRH750 is pretty good actually. Not bright at all. My big issue is with the recessed mids, but from what I know the 580's don't really excel there either.

Apr 1, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
hmm... That is hard.

I would have to actually listen to it first since I cannot find them here in Finland. I totally loved my Klipsch S4i and I believed that both of these are already a great upgrade from my Klipsch.

I dont mind the detachable parts but I would prefer the clearer Treble. Does that sound like 580? I heard that on Shure 750 the Treble aren't that great

You'll find the Ultrasone HFI-580 will have clearer treble than the Shure SRH750. Still, you have to keep in mind these are headphones with a V shaped signature, so while bass and treble are emphasized, mids suffer a bit from it, but not in a too significant way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back