Ultrasone 40% off select headphones w/ free shipping!
Jun 9, 2009 at 8:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

koven

15 Hz + 150 dB = poopy pants
Just wanted to share this with u guys... hope it's not a repost.

https://www.shopatron.com/index/756.0.518.0.0.0.0

i'm thinking of picking up a pair but i dont have much experience with ultrasone, are any of those select headphones worth the money at 40% off? what is their sound sig like? do they respond well to amps?

Jun 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by 77Pat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you need to add to cart to see the discount

Aha thanks. Apparently I fail at the interwebs.

Yeah, there's a fan following of Ultrasone around here; not as prolific with the postings these days. I've only tried the Proline 750's, great bass, decent soundstage presentation. The highs were a bit weird for me. The 780s the new FoTM Ultrasone can from the new lineup. The 680s I understand are not as bassy. Of the others listed there, I think the Proline 2500s are well regarded. Ultrasone are said to have an emphasis in the bass area, even the open ones--it's probably not for everyone. You can buy a Proline 550 open box from 8th street music for $139, but other than that, those prices seem pretty good. There's also 2x 2200s being sold on our FS forums too, below $120, if you don't mind used.

Edit: I like the HFI 680 @ $149.40 with shipping.

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #6 of 13
if the 780's were on for 40% off I would have jumped. I do not know what to think of the 2200 they get great reviews, but then I see them on the FS forum for under $125, unless the ULE version is somehow different?

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if the 780's were on for 40% off I would have jumped. I do not know what to think of the 2200 they get great reviews, but then I see them on the FS forum for under $125, unless the ULE version is somehow different?

afaik, there's only one HFI-2200 and it has ULE.

Jun 9, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #8 of 13
They improved the exterior of the HFI-2200, the first model had the MU-metal thing but didn't have ULE (ultra low emission) written on it. Very cool promotional price, can't decide if I should get my sister the DJ1, HFI-680 or Zino -_-. I'm betting on the Zino though, because I found the iCans sound good on anything.

Jun 10, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 13
The 2200 is on sale at that German online shop for under 150 €, they also have the 650 at around 140 and the senn hd25 II at 138
Edit: oops forgot about not posting shop names

Jun 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #11 of 13
After a lot of thinking, I finally ordered a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900 and just wanted to let you know that I got them at $399 (instead of $549) from an authorized Ultrasone reseller.

Since I don't know if I am allowed to throw shop names here and don't want to be banned, feel free to PM me if you need the shop's details.

Cheers

S.

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #12 of 13
Too bad this discount wasn't for the HFI 780 or the Pro 900. It would have been nice. However, disappointing for me since I got the Pro 900 for more than whatever 40% off would have been like for the Pro 900 on the site. Maybe I would have gotten a pair of the 780s, if super cheap, for public use on the go, since the Pro 900 is a bit pricey to lug around in public, and quite large as well as my beyers are already. However the 780s weren't a discounted model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by s_nyc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a lot of thinking, I finally ordered a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900 and just wanted to let you know that I got them at $399 (instead of $549) from an authorized Ultrasone reseller.

Since I don't know if I am allowed to throw shop names here and don't want to be banned, feel free to PM me if you need the shop's details.

Cheers

S.

Yeah, I recently got a Ultrasone Pro 900 for around the same price as well. What do you think of yours? I was very curious of your opinions on them. A lot of people have commented on it having too much bass or lacking in highs/mids (I forgot which of the two). I haven't had the chance to try mines on yet, since I've been dealing with finals and been in the lab overnight several days for the last week.

Yeah, I was thinking between whether getting the Ultrasone HFI 780 of the Ultrasone Pro 900. I got the Pro 900 in the end. However, anyone have a comparison between the two?

Jun 12, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by trigg3rhappy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I recently got a Ultrasone Pro 900 for around the same price as well. What do you think of yours? I was very curious of your opinions on them. A lot of people have commented on it having too much bass or lacking in highs/mids (I forgot which of the two). I haven't had the chance to try mines on yet, since I've been dealing with finals and been in the lab overnight several days for the last week.

Actually, I have ordered them but have not received them yet. I am pretty sure they will be fantastic though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back