Ultrasone 2500 -vs- AD900 =AND= Ultrasone 750 -vs- D2000 -vs- DT880/990
May 9, 2008 at 3:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

grndslm

1000+ Head-Fier
So... I'm fairly certain I'm going to buy the Ultrasone PROline 750, but I'd like to hear everybody's opinions comparing the Ultrasone Pros to the other cans in terms of sound, comfort, & durability.

Most importantly, I'm trying to figure out if anybody has had a problem with their *older* pre-2008 Ultrasone PROline headbands. Some people have reported of cracking, but I can't pay hundreds of dollars for something that's going to be broken in a couple years. Can I buy a replacement headband if it breaks in a year or so??

I listen to every type of music there is just about, everything but country. I like my bass, as you can tell from my selection... I like my sparkly highs. I love the liquid mids & soundstage on the AD700... but I need a better open can, one with more bass. People say the AD900 improves greatly in bass, but I'd like to hear other comparisons between the AD900 and Ultasone 2500... mids, soundstage, comfort, etc...

As for the closed cans, I'd like to hear overall sound impressions, comfort, & durability. It seems like the 750 would be the least comfortable, but it's still very comfortable, right? I'm kinda leaning away from the Beyers because they're harder to drive, but I could reconsider.

Thanks in advance!

May 9, 2008 at 6:27 AM Post #2 of 7
I really don't see any point to keeping the Beyers on here anymore... and I'm adding the AD2000 for reference against the other two.

Waiting to hear differences in sound (bass, soundstage, detail, etc), comfort, & durability among the following:
Open: Ultrasone 2500, AD900, and AD2000
Closed: Ultrasone 750 and D2000

I'm almost positive my list should only be whittling down now... so feed me some opinions.

Again, I really need to know if I can buy a replacement headband for the Ultrasone cans since I'd be ordering from the B-stock... or if they'd replace it for a reasonable fee. Anybody know??

May 9, 2008 at 6:30 AM Post #3 of 7
I'm going to be purchasing one of those open cans, one of the closed cans, & some kinda Gradossandro... anywhere from MS-1 to SR-225.

If I picked both Ultrasones and an MS-1... would the sounds be too similar?? Would I be better off spending money on more various sound signatures, or are the sounds different enough that all three would be worth it?

May 9, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #4 of 7
I'm interested in the 2500 too -- wondering how it sounds compared to my 780's -- I need another open can, but with the good bass of the 780.

May 9, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 7
I'm still waiting for a good 750vs2500vs780 comparison.

May 9, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #6 of 7
Well... I'm pretty close to ordering both the B-stock 750 & 2500.

My real worries right now are if I'm throwing the money away because of these plastic, cracking headbands. Is it possible to get them repaired for the cheap from Ultrasone??

If the AD900 doesn't have impactful bass, I've made the right decision. If the mids/soundstage are still better on the AD700 (doubtful)... then I'll keep the 2500 for sure.

And I might even buy the D2000 just to see if that darker sound is more of what I'm wanting in a closed can. I could imagine the 750 being too harsh, but of course... it's still just my imagination.

I need to buy 'em all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back