ultraportable amp for ipod
Apr 10, 2006 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

blue4n3

100+ Head-Fier
I am loking at XIN's Supermini. Are the altoid CMOY anywhere close in sound quality to the supermini? I need an amp that it ULTRA portable so i can just attach it to the ipod and put it in my pocket. My SMac3 is small.....but not enough for just school use. any suggestions are cool. Im going on an amp buying rage and will be selling my macro sometime soon....so let me know if there are any interests. Btw....im going more purist and dont care for extra features. I rather create synergy with different phones, amps, and sources. the main thing with the size of the amp is that i want something thin. I also want something that is voiced well with soundstage and bass impact.

Apr 11, 2006 at 5:20 AM Post #2 of 4
The supermini is a lot better than your average Cmoy and a lot smaller. Its incredibly small and if you want real portability then the supermini is perfect.

I went from the pa2v2 to a supermini and its about a third of the size and much better SQ.

Apr 11, 2006 at 8:09 PM Post #4 of 4
See my thread "Xin SuperMicro III broke".

Again, I love the sound of this amp; it is astounding for it's size and weight, if you can deal with the construction limitations. The size is about the same as a 9 volt battery, and it weighs slightly more than the single AAA battery that powers it.

I'm not sure how the SuperMini compares in terms of durability. I know the much more expensive (and substantially larger) macro has a good reputation for durability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back