Ultra-Quiet Computer
Sep 7, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #31 of 38
really the lowest cost way to lower your computer noise is to move it into another room or closet and get longer cords....

my pc is in an unused bedroom and my monitor is in the living room...

absolutely no noise!!!!

Sep 7, 2003 at 4:43 PM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by RussKon
really the lowest cost way to lower your computer noise is to move it into another room or closet and get longer cords....

my pc is in an unused bedroom and my monitor is in the living room...

absolutely no noise!!!!

Problem with that is signal quality... Monitor's signal quality and other high speed port's signal quality may be of concern.

Sep 7, 2003 at 4:52 PM Post #33 of 38
actually with a good cable there should be no visible problems with monitor performance.....

it is possible to run a svga monitor cable up to 100ft without any problems....

we sell those cables and have never had a complaint from any customers

the rest of my equipment i locate nearer the computer so i can use the standard 6 to 10 ft cables

Sep 7, 2003 at 8:45 PM Post #34 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by RussKon
actually with a good cable there should be no visible problems with monitor performance.....

it is possible to run a svga monitor cable up to 100ft without any problems....

we sell those cables and have never had a complaint from any customers

the rest of my equipment i locate nearer the computer so i can use the standard 6 to 10 ft cables

Well, I use DVI-D myself, less hassle of clock sync than VGA analog signal. Not sure if that can travel that far.

Tho, other stuff... Like drives and stuff are not accessable when the distance is a bit too great. :p

It might suit some, but for me, it would kinda turn my machine into a kiosk, which would not be very useful for me...
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back