Ultra Micro stack and HD800
Apr 1, 2009 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jalo

Headphoneus Supremus
With all the talks on the Ultra Micro Stack, I just want to know if Tyll has tried the HD800 on the Ultra Micro stack and how does it sound? He is the only person that had that opportunity to do it. I have an ultra stack and I am also on the pre order list for a HD800. Will and can the ultra stack handle the hd800 well, or do I have to think about getting something better than the ultra stack to bring better sound out of the hd800? Very interested to know.

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jalo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will and can the ultra stack handle the hd800 well, or do I have to think about getting something better than the ultra stack to bring better sound out of the hd800?

Well, I didn't try it specifically, but I did listen on a Desktop Portable (which has a Home module), and an Ultra Desktop (which has the same modules as the Ultra Micro), in both cases the HD800s sounded great and I didn't get the sense that the amps were having any difficulty driving them.

In other words: Your Ultra Micros will work great. (You'll just have to get a good 1/4->1/8 adaptor.)

Apr 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 3
You should go the whole hog and get the Ultra Desktop Stack. If you look at the final sentence, it clearly states that headphones are included in the package price and, since they don't specify which ones, I'm just going to go right ahead and pick the HD800s.

Thanks Tyll, smokin' deal!
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I see that's now been changed.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back