Ultra Fast Diode Mod for the MF X-Can V3
Nov 27, 2006 at 11:34 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You "did" see the wink in my post didn't you Benny?? Good god man even I can see I was joking, have another read maybe you'll see it too
wink.gif

As to the price, you charge what you want man. It "is" too cheap for the work you do and and the minute you get a unit that won't fire up, or that you drop on the floor and smash, or......... and you end up having to pay retail to replace the unit you'll realise why your price is too cheap
wink.gif
As I say though, up to you
600smile.gif

Negative tone? not at all, I've directed quite a few people your way, you've just got to learn to appreciate my warped sense of humour (or is that humor?). Sure, the caps say "panasonic" and not "mike" (they do have an "M" on them tho
wink.gif
) but my four page construction manual has got "Mike" stamped all over it..... I think it was me who spent ages writing all those manuals?..... yes, it was
biggrin.gif

Soooooooo, I wasn't being negative toward you Benny Boy so put that in your pipe and smoke it
tongue.gif

By the way, man, have you ever checked the prices of Panasonic caps in the UK? astronomical (as is everything else in the UK) costing about 4 times more than they do in the US and then they whack 17.5% VAT on top for good measure! You're lucky over there being able to get stuff so cheap.

Oops, Sorry!
eek.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #47 of 52
I didn't see the wink either so maybe it is a draw on this one.

When are the people from the UK going to learn how to spell when using English? :^)

Nov 27, 2006 at 4:26 PM Post #48 of 52
Hey, I've picked up a lot from both of you guys. I'm getting older and just getting lazy I guess, I COULD do these mods. Have been modding stereo eqpt. for 30 years or so (well, not the last 10). The IT world (and previously the telecom world) has made me lazy. I've become a swap artist as opposed to a component level troubleshooter. I would pick either of you to do my mods if I can't motivate myself
tongue.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #49 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oops, Sorry!
eek.gif

No probs man, my sense of humour (humor for all you slangspeak people) can sometimes be misconstrued, especially in an online environment, if the winky wasn't there then you can be assured that I'm being serious but where there's a winky it's a good indication that I'm jesting (winky =
wink.gif
)

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No probs man, my sense of humour (humor for all you slangspeak people) can sometimes be misconstrued, especially in an online environment, if the winky wasn't there then you can be assured that I'm being serious but where there's a winky it's a good indication that I'm jesting (winky =
wink.gif
)

I almost never notice the smiles in the messages. I'll just chalk it up to another crazy scot!
wink.gif
I've met so
icon10.gif
many
icon10.gif
of them!
icon10.gif

Nov 27, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #51 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by BennyBoy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've met so meny of them!
icon10.gif

When you say "meny" I assume that's a bastardisation of the English language which means "Many Men" or did you just misspell "many" which means being one of a large indefinite number?
wink.gif
please do note the presence of a winky (
wink.gif
) before responding.

Dec 18, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #52 of 52
just finished doing this
smily_headphones1.gif

nice sound. more effortless sound! thanks for the tip mike!

was a bit tricky getting the caps soldered on the diodes, damn tiny parts! where's a nice 20000uf cap when you want one?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back