UltimateEars & Sensaphonics
Sep 11, 2005 at 9:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

GordonHo

Head-Fier
Hi,

i am right now considering buying a Pair of UE 10 or Sensaphonics 2X-S.
What are the impressions from you guys that tried both?
I need them mainly for mobile use, and that is quite alot. Hence they will be plugged into an iPod Nano / Shuffle or my Laptop. Maybe ill get an additional amplifier, but i probably dont like carrying it arround.
I am a fan of 'warm' and 'clear' music, i also need them to be easy to put in and out, that happens alot in daily use. I am currently owning a pair of Shure E3 and ive to say, that the difference between foam and nonfoam 'addon' is quite big. i also have trouble wearing them without the foam for a longer period of time. hence the go for a custom made product.
of course i am also some kind of a perfectionalist .)

basically can you suggest me, or point out differences between the UE-10 Pro and the SP 2X-S ?

well thanks for your oppinions

regards Gordon

Sep 11, 2005 at 10:06 PM Post #2 of 4
I'd recommend you search for any thread by Welly Wu or Lindrone ... and you'll find the ones where they've discussed this ... all over the place. Also look for posts by Iamdone -- I think he has both Sensa and UE.

In regards to a portable head amp ... look at the thread regarding Ray Samuel's newest one ... The Hornet. I don't believe it is out yet ... but has garnered a lot of interest ... if the length of the thread says anything about that. Also it is apparently pretty small ... smaller then a credit card in length and width. The height obviously is more ... but take a look at the pics in that thread.

Good luck.

- raj

Sep 18, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #4 of 4
thanks alot for your repies.

i went for the UE product since, once more a simple support question.
from sensaphonics i got one email back sending me to an audiologist. no other questions answered, and no more answer on next email.

ultimateears was way better, although the responding lady left ue in the middle of our 'email conversation' and mike dias took over.
he was alot better than the previous lady answering me.
although mike stopped answering all questions and just replied to my emails after i made the order. neverless i probably have asked quite alot .)

well now waiting for my UE-10 to appear!

cheers gordon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back