Ultimate wav Player for Windows
Sep 12, 2007 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ynis Avalach

100+ Head-Fier
Did someone recognise, that different software players sound different?
I recently 'installed' a player named XXHighEnd and I believe the sound is much more relaxed and realistic than playing the same wav file over foobar2000 with the Secret Rabbit Code upsampler.
It's awesome

Sep 12, 2007 at 3:03 PM Post #2 of 10
LMAO

[size=xx-small][size=xx-small]*cough* dsp effects *cough*[/size][/size]

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:42 AM Post #3 of 10
Did you compare to foobar2000 WITH ASIO or kernel streaming? If you could still hear a difference, it means xxhighend is not bit-perfect but is modifying the data in some way--like Sir Nobax suggested, a DSP effect.

Jan 18, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowbar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you compare to foobar2000 WITH ASIO or kernel streaming? If you could still hear a difference, it means xxhighend is not bit-perfect but is modifying the data in some way--like Sir Nobax suggested, a DSP effect.

Oh ja I tried ASIO and XXHE IS bit perfect but it still sounds pretty different and for my ears much better!

Jan 19, 2009 at 1:49 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ynis Avalach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh ja I tried ASIO and XXHE IS bit perfect but it still sounds pretty different and for my ears much better!

If it sounds great to you, thats all that matters. However, I will mention that HydrogenAudio did not give a good assessment for that player at all:

"XXHighEnd" - what is this player? - Hydrogenaudio Forums

Jan 19, 2009 at 4:36 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by FasterThanEver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
> edit: lol you the OP has the same avatar as the admin in the
> XXHighEnd forum

He tried other avatars and found the XXHighEnd forum admin's avatar produced the best sound.

Bill

Haha. Win!

Jan 19, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 10
Nice to hear that you have found your player.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back