Ultimate project to make grado's more comfortable
Feb 9, 2004 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jpo245

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I don't know if its just me,

but i find the grados extremely uncomfortable due to the presusre teh pads exert on the ears after >30min.

Ok, people have suggested that i just bend the headband outwards so its loose and just touches my ears. this works, easing the pressure, yet not losing the sound,

however, this makes the phones TOOO loose... if i swing my head a bit, the cans just swing right off!!

any one have any input on how i should make a device that holds the cans LIGHTLY next to my ears, but FIRMLy in that position?

i was thinking of using a baseball cap, and somehow sloting the cans in the sides... not sure how that would work...

anyone?

Feb 9, 2004 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 4
Well, what kind of pads are you using? that could make a difference

Feb 9, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #3 of 4
im currently using the bowl pads,
however, the flat pads on my sr60s still cause the pain...

the pain is caused by the pads pressing on my ears and squeezing them against my head, so i'd assume both flat or bowl would do that if the head band is too tight...

the problem is, even if its SLIGHTLY tight (just enuff to the cans don't slip off when i swing my head), it still hurts..

i have to make them ULTRA loose, where the foam JUST touches my ears and forms the seal, in order not to have discomfort...

and this sucks, coz i swing my head and my sr80s fly off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back