Ultimate must see this band before you die list
Oct 2, 2007 at 7:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

MrD3i2

Head-Fier
Ok long thread title I know, but really I often hear people make comments regarding what bands they feel are ultimate MUST SEE's.. So I thought it would be fun to see who you all think those bands are. They need to be alive and together for it to be applicable I suppose lol.. Anyhow My first suggestion would have to be Iron Maiden, hands down. I totally love their theatrics with their mascot Eddie, and Bruce Dickinsons energy really makes you feel like hes loving the music just as much as you which is cool.What do you all think? Who do you think is amazing live, and why?

Oct 2, 2007 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 39
With concert prices the way they are, I'd have to say that I don't have any must see band. The Police would have been on my list, but even the cheap seats were too much for me.

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:37 PM Post #3 of 39
I'd say that I had no idea how good Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were until I saw them live, so - specifically - if you want to know why they're as revered as they are, they're a must-see. Most other major performers that I've seen would be just as good or better on disc, although Prince always seems to be best on stage.

Oct 2, 2007 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 39
I can comment on performances I've seen. The Kronos Quartet were phenonminal. Yes Union in the round were incredible. (That's the old members and new members together.) James Taylor always puts on a perfect show. Sting has never failed to impress. Ozzy Osbourne and Metallica sounded like crap back in the 80's.

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John Mayer LIVE is a MONSTER!

go ahead say what you want.............

yep........

ok...................

NOW GO!

I love John Mayer, he's a great guitarist and song writer. However, I didn't really like his live CD, Any Given Thursday.

Oct 2, 2007 at 2:09 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by 412 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pink Floyd, after them everything is so . . . pale.

My friend saw them in the 90's, in Venice, Italy, on a floating stage. He said it was amazing.

Oct 2, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #11 of 39
I'd recommend any of these, all put on a heck of a show, and are well worth the price of admission IMHO

Rush
Muse
Peter Gabriel
Prince

I think i'd like to see Bruce and the E street band, but not in the kind of aircraft hangers they call concert venues now. Red Rocks with Bruce would be sweet

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sordel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd say that I had no idea how good Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band were until I saw them live, so - specifically - if you want to know why they're as revered as they are, they're a must-see. Most other major performers that I've seen would be just as good or better on disc, although Prince always seems to be best on stage.

I think Ive heard that somewhere about Bruce Springsteen, athough I hardly know any of his music.. All I can remember atm is "Born in the USA" Im not even sure thats the name of the song ha.. He does seem to have pretty good energy on stage from what I could tell from various television clips Ive seen throughout the years. I cant imagine Prince being at a Prince concert without thinking Id probably feel moderately uncomfortable with his perviness? I havent really seen him preform but something has given me the distinct impression that he oozes with sexuality on stage.. O_o....

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:38 PM Post #14 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonolithTMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can comment on performances I've seen. The Kronos Quartet were phenonminal. Yes Union in the round were incredible. (That's the old members and new members together.) James Taylor always puts on a perfect show. Sting has never failed to impress. Ozzy Osbourne and Metallica sounded like crap back in the 80's.

Never heard of The Kronos Quartet, Union in the round, or James Taylor, but Sting yeah I can imagine him being quite moving live. My aunt seemed to think he and The Police were well worth seeing multiple times. As for Ozzy, not a big big fan of his older stuff, too mushy and weird.. lol Metallica though?? YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME.. I saw them in 94, and unless they cleaned up their live shows by then Id assume they were amazing live.. At least thats how Ive heard fans describe their live experiences. What made you feel that they sounded like crap? Was it equipment issues? Or just a lame preformance?

Oct 2, 2007 at 8:40 PM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sadly, My all time favorite, ABBA (don't judge me) has died before I will. I would like to see Pink Martini again, though.

Wont judge ya for that :), Abba was huge, and Im a bit of a fan myself. They would have a phenominal energy live I think, from what Ive seen of their live preformance clips on television they really seem like a happy bunch. lol As for Pink Martini...No idea who they are >_< .. I love this thread for that, I should check out all these bands Ive never heard of!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back