Ultimate Headphone Stand
Aug 31, 2011 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

iElmer

New Head-Fier
My friends hobby is woodworking.  When he came to visit me, I asked him to make me a headphone stand.  I know there is a thread dedicated to the subject and we went through the examples and discussed what we like and didn't like about the designs.  The one common factor I did not like is the clutter of cables where the headphones hang.  We also decided that he was gonna make it with exotic wood.  I wanted contrast of light and dark and chose  Wenge  for the base of the stand and Roseheart for the pillars, the contrast highlighted with a light layer of teak oil.

I had an idea on how the stand was gonna look like but when I saw the end product I was blown away.  He took the concept, took it to another level, and made it his own.  daVinci once said  "simplicity is the ultimate sophistication."  This is one of those moments when art surpasses practicality.  This is not a stand, it is a temple and my Sennheiser and Beyerdynamic.  Enjoy!!!

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #2 of 5
Absolutely beautiful.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 5
Love it. Congrats to both of you :p

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #5 of 5
Excellent, you must be thrilled. I love the tiny band of unstained wood (the bit for the cables) running through near the bottom - really great little detail. Normally you worry that a stand will treat your headphones right, you must be worried that your headphones will not damage your stand!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back