Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Apr 6, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #466 of 811
I wouldn't call the sound analytical either. It sounds like a Harman target headphone to me with a reduced midrange response, so it sounds a bit warm overall.

If you want analytical, the Etymotic ER4SR is a good example I think, which is more tuned to the traditional diffuse field HRTF, and tends to sound a shouty in the mids in comparison to the UERR.

Apr 6, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #468 of 811
I'm really hoping the universal version comes out in the next few months. I sent an email a few weeks ago and they told me soon. I'm not sure about getting customs at this point since resale value is terrible and it's a bit difficult to get impressions done since they are all closed after I leave work.

Apr 6, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #469 of 811
  I'm really hoping the universal version comes out in the next few months. I sent an email a few weeks ago and they told me soon. I'm not sure about getting customs at this point since resale value is terrible and it's a bit difficult to get impressions done since they are all closed after I leave work.

I absolutely despise universal versions as they aren't comfortable at all and never stay in my ears. Customs are much better as they fit perfectly without any pressure requirements. Yes, the resale is terrible, but I've never resold any of my IEMs.

Have you thought about calling an audiologist and asking them about an afterhour appointment? My audiologist has no problem coming in at 8pm to do mine if I call and ask. It is really worth it to get a set of full customs!

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #470 of 811

I absolutely despise universal versions as they aren't comfortable at all and never stay in my ears. Customs are much better as they fit perfectly without any pressure requirements. Yes, the resale is terrible, but I've never resold any of my IEMs.

Have you thought about calling an audiologist and asking them about an afterhour appointment? My audiologist has no problem coming in at 8pm to do mine if I call and ask. It is really worth it to get a set of full customs!

As I mentioned in my review (and you can see it in pictures as well): http://www.head-fi.org/t/788168/ultimate-ears-ue-pro-reference-remastered-uerr/375#post_13186494 - I found universal UERR to be as comfortable as custom, and the sound to be identical, just a slight soundstage width variation.

Apr 7, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #471 of 811

As I mentioned in my review (and you can see it in pictures as well): http://www.head-fi.org/t/788168/ultimate-ears-ue-pro-reference-remastered-uerr/375#post_13186494 - I found universal UERR to be as comfortable as custom, and the sound to be identical, just a slight soundstage width variation.

It's not whether the universal is comfortable or not. I was just mentioning that *no* universal has ever been comfortable for me. I have big ear canals and they won't ever stay in once my ear warms up and gets oily/damp.

Also that I hate the way that universals hang out of my ear (even if by mm's). All of mine are customs and they have been great ever since my original UE-10 back when JH was still UE. There's nothing like a piece that's resting in the ear fully supported by the ear itself instead of being stuffed into it with foam/silicone.

Apr 7, 2017 at 6:37 AM Post #472 of 811
I've owned customs before so I have a good idea of the comfort level. I've tried the uerm demo a few years back when I owned the uerm custom and had no issues with the comfort level and the sound was very similar so I feel that UE should be able to duplicate that result for me.

Apr 7, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #474 of 811
The universal was pretty damn comfortable for me when I tried it, I prefer it to my customs, unfortunately.

I wish that UE would release the universal version already...

Apr 11, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #478 of 811
Awesome! Look forward to seeing your data!

Actually it might be a couple days before I post the data here. I plan to write an article for the CYMBACAVUM blog on the UE RR in general since I've been wanting to gather enough information on the RR, including the patent for the tube thingie I posted earlier. UE had a booklet at their booth with a nice, almost like a draft, diagram of it too, which is pretty neat.

Anyone have experience with this , the latest ER4S and the fitear 111 ? If yes some comparison would be nice

I have the ER4SR with me that I got earlier in the year. I also had that measured by the Audio Precision folks, but it looks like they forgot to save that data onto the flash drive unfortunately.

To me, the ER4SR is brighter than the UERR, similar to an AKG K701 but with more weight in the lower-mids. That's really the biggest difference between the two to me when switching from one to the other. Another thing I notice is that the ER4SR's treble sounds a bit splashy and lacking in definition compared to the UERR, perhaps due to using a single micro-balanced armature. The overall frequency response of the UERR is also warm-tilted compared to the ER4SR.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #480 of 811
Just ordered these...I have the original UERM as well in perfect functioning order, so it should be interesting to compare the two directly as I haven't seen many direct comparisons. Looks like most sold them or didn't have the previous model or stuck with the previous one and didn't order new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back