Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Feb 7, 2017 at 3:42 AM Post #406 of 811

I now bring with me everyday the UERR to go (neutral studio reference monitor with all the details you can (or can't) find with 2-dozen-of-drivers flagships and a comfy laid back presentation), TG334 (out-and-out creamy vocal bliss) and MH335DWSR (a more aggressive and meaty take on the studio reference concept with everything thrown in your face). These 3 cover all grounds for me.

Won't mind to have a UE18+ too.

That is a sweet lineup, really curious about the MH335DWSR. Could you elaborate a little about it in comparison to the UERR?

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #407 of 811
Is there a place to purchase the to go version in the USA? I don't see it on the UE website.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #409 of 811

Is there a place to purchase the to go version in the USA? I don't see it on the UE website.

I don't think it is officially released yet. I've been checking every few days. Should be up soon though. 

I heard a rumor, it could show up on Amazon soon.  I will let you guys know right away as soon as I see it
wink.gif

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:11 PM Post #410 of 811

That is a sweet lineup, really curious about the MH335DWSR. Could you elaborate a little about it in comparison to the UERR?

One thing I'm certain is that if I'm gonna pick one for use in studio mastering and mixing I'd pick the UERR anyday. It is more laid back in its presentation and is much flatter across the board. Polite, elegant and dead-accurate.

The 335 on the other hand packs much more slam, places the vocals much closer to the listener and is a bit more easy-going in the trebles - on first listen it may even sound dark due to the comparatively heavier mid-low but then the trebles extend really nicely and sparkles where it should.

They present different kinds of realism - the UERR is like viewing the whole thing through an extremely high resolution monitor, while the 335 is like you are a part of that whole thing, and tbh the 335 makes a good STAGE monitor more than a studio reference monitor.

Feb 10, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #414 of 811
I just had a refit of my UERM (it was never quite right even after two fittings, but I think the third time is the charm- at least so far) and have an email in to my contact at UE asking about the Uni release and where it will be sold.  I believe he will be back in the office (after a week away) on Monday, so hopefully I will hear and can report back.  

Amusingly, my UERM with a balanced UE cable came back with a standard se cable.  I tried to plug it into my 2.5 port, no go.  Duh, what's wrong.  Is there a sheath on it to protect it during shipping?  Nope.  Hmmmm. Plugged it into the 3.5 port and changed settings to non-balanced and there's the sound.  I haven't used an se cable on my AK's ever, sounded pretty good.  Sent off an email asking for it back, hopefully will arrive soon (I'm only across LA from them, so shouldn't take more than a few days).

Feb 12, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #417 of 811
I just had a refit of my UERM (it was never quite right even after two fittings, but I think the third time is the charm- at least so far) and have an email in to my contact at UE asking about the Uni release and where it will be sold.  I believe he will be back in the office (after a week away) on Monday, so hopefully I will hear and can report back.  

Amusingly, my UERM with a balanced UE cable came back with a standard se cable.  I tried to plug it into my 2.5 port, no go.  Duh, what's wrong.  Is there a sheath on it to protect it during shipping?  Nope.  Hmmmm. Plugged it into the 3.5 port and changed settings to non-balanced and there's the sound.  I haven't used an se cable on my AK's ever, sounded pretty good.  Sent off an email asking for it back, hopefully will arrive soon (I'm only across LA from them, so shouldn't take more than a few days).

Strange they didn't return the balanced cable! I just emailed them about a refit too. After about 30 mins I can feel my right ear being pressured. I'm not sure exactly where though, so I think I'll have a hard time explaining exactly where the problem is.

Did you drive in for a refit? I'm in LA but can't really get down to Irvine except on weekends.

I really wish I could get mine remolded into a universal. Their demo was the comfiest, best sounding iem I've ever tried.

Feb 12, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #419 of 811
They must remove the cable before working on them, and the tech must have put the wrong cable back on.  So either someone else got a balanced cable and is confused as to why it won't fit THEIR player or mine is sitting on a workbench at UE.

Yes, it's often hard to explain where the problem is.  This was my third refit and the right side is finally perfect.  I think the left still is not right, I may make the drive to Irvine on a school holiday or just take a sick day and go on over there (two-hour drive in LA traffic).

I agree the (UERM) Uni they used to let me hear it when I was in the Hollywood shop was really nice (Comply tips).  I had two impressions done there, one physical and the second the scan.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back