Ultimate Ears UE 11 Pro - How Does it All Work?
Dec 2, 2007 at 5:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

BigEat

500+ Head-Fier
Does anyone own the Ultimate Ears 10 or 11? If so, are they that great; that is; is it worth the money?

More interesting to me; how do you do the process of fitting them. Yes, I've read the "how to's" on the Ultimate Ears website, but how does it work in real life? How did you find the audiologist? How did it go? How long did it take to get the custom phones made?

Thanks so much in advance

Dec 2, 2007 at 6:28 AM Post #2 of 6
I love my ue-11 and to me they are definitely worth the 1300 I paid overall.I paid for expedited order so I would get it within a couple of days. Basically I ordered them over the phone with Janette Coffee and paid with my credit card. When I recieved them I had a slight fit Issue because my impressions were a year old, so I had my impressions redone. When i recieved them after they were redone the fit was great.
When I was looking for an audiologist I just looked up in the phone book for hearing aid centers and called around to find the best price. I went in and within 30 min I had my impressions finished. Basically they looked in my ears with a camera to make sure everything was ok. Then they mixed the putty. My doctor then placed a piece of cotton with a string deep into my ear and squeezed the putty into my ears. It took about 5 min for it to harden enough so he could take them out. Sent them off and that was it.
I would like to say the sound over my ue-5c is well worth the price of the ue-11.

Dec 2, 2007 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 6
thanks so much. That sure sounds easy. What about overall buid quality?

Dec 2, 2007 at 1:09 PM Post #4 of 6
I own a pair of the UE11's and they sound amazing. The build quality is like all other UE products which is very good. I personally would go with the UE directly of audiologist. For me after sending in my impressions it took about a month in total to receive them back with the normal process.

Dec 3, 2007 at 1:16 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what would the UE11's sound be similar to?

If you took the SE530 and Triple.fi parts with the exception of the extra high driver, put them in a custom and tuned them. Or a UE-10 with strong lower end. It's really hard to compare for me and I'm owned almost all of Ultimate Ear's universals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back