Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 - help needed
Apr 17, 2013 at 5:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

carlove

100+ Head-Fier
Fellow head-fi'ers,

I can get these earphones (Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10) for 80 dollars / 100 euro.
I'd like all-round in-ear earplugs that can withstand some jogging, without falling out.

The music I usually listen to is Jpop and Jrock.
Pretty much electric guitar, drums, bass, piano, electronic, on the higher side vocals kind of music.

My question is; will these in-ears fit the bill? And is 100 euro worth it?

I already know about the bulkyness, so that they might not fit me (thats why I'll try 'em out first :p).  And that not everyone likes the cable.

I don't like bass that's all over the place. I like thumping tight bass, though.

Can someone shed some light on this? Thank you!

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 10
yes i think you will like it, it has a u curve sound signature. the bass is quite tight, fast, powerful, impactful, has good weight, full bodied, deep and emphasized with the mid being a little bit recessed but clear, the treble is clear and extended, also a little bit emphasized. the mid bass is not that much emphasized like my cheaper skullcandy inkd though, so if you mean a mid bass thump then no, it doesnt emphasize as much midbass as a lot of cheaper iems though theres still midbass. theres subbass extension but it may depend on how good a fit you are able to get on it, thats my personal experience. the sound is non fatiguing and exciting. i dont have much problem with its sound but i cannot say the same about the fit. about half an hour of listening will give me pain from wearing it so i dont know if you can get past the fit problem or not. also if you dont want the bass to compete with the mid for attention, this is not the iem you want.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 10
That sounds good indeed.
Ás for the fit, they dont look THAT big to me though. I was able to fit the Shure SE215 inside my ear just fine, and they seem to be the same size.

I guess I'll just have to be lucky.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:
That sounds good indeed.
Ás for the fit, they dont look THAT big to me though. I was able to fit the Shure SE215 inside my ear just fine, and they seem to be the same size.

I guess I'll just have to be lucky.

you get 3 sizes (small, medium, large) of silicon tips to choose from with 2 pairs of memory foam tips for better noise isolation. i use the foam tips myself for commute because of better isolation. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #7 of 10
cool dude, looking forward to see if your impression matches with mine. also, about soundstage, i suck at telling the soundstage but the soundstage is for sure bigger than my skullcandy inkd and philips she3580 (they are 10-20 bucks iems) in terms of width. i wasnt even trying to listen for soundstage and i just happened to hear a noticeable difference on that matter when i was doing a/bing. 

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM Post #8 of 10
also everyones hearing is different, you may want to check reviews before taking my impression and jumping on it 
wink.gif

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #9 of 10
I see, I'll be sure to post my impressions.

Right now I have the Sennheiser CX880.
But the high notes stab my ear.

But the soundstage on them is great. So I have something to compare to!

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
I see, I'll be sure to post my impressions.

Right now I have the Sennheiser CX880.
But the high notes stab my ear.

But the soundstage on them is great. So I have something to compare to!

yep, its nice to have something to compare to, i guess its the process to find the "ultimate solution"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back