Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10s (shell seperated)
Dec 7, 2009 at 9:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

seals

100+ Head-Fier
I had my Triple.fi 10s for about two years now and used them everyday just fine. However, the shell on the left earbud came apart today. The blue plastic piece (what would be closer to your ear) separated from the black piece (where you plug in the cable). Nothing was damaged to my knowledge, so i just put the two pieces back together. However, it does't stay together very well. Any suggestion?

I haven't logged on here for about a year and a half, and when I logged on today to post this I read that the Triple.fis are being phased out and just sold out at Amazon. I just hope these can be fixed since I can't get a replacement pair now...

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 7
I'm guessing some epoxy will work fairly well. This is my father's expertise, adhesives.
tongue.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #3 of 7
I'd use a very small ammount of plastic glue. Only a little though. Don't overdue it. Plus glue can be heavy. Don't want it inside to mess with acoustics.

Go custom with them fisher hearing.
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #4 of 7
I was thinking about some kind of glue also, but I worried because that is where the wires and circuit boards are. The delicate-looking wires are resting against the side where glue would have to go, and the circuit board could be trouble too....

Dec 8, 2009 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by iponderous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some Head-Fiers have speculated that they are being phased out but to the best of my knowledge this hasn't been confirmed.

should be of no concern. Them being "phased out" does not make them less of an IEM. they are still fantastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back