Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 -replacement cable wire
Feb 16, 2010 at 4:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Turnaround

100+ Head-Fier
I wanted to start a thread to discuss options for replacing the cable on the Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10. Seems like a lot of people have had issues with the stock cables on the UE TF10.

First, Ultimate Ears offers replacement cables for $19.95
Ultimate Ears Universal Accessories - Store - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Searching through past threads, I have seen people talking about using Westone cables (but they need to be trimmed?), and replacement cables offered through Null Audio (null-audio.net) or eBay sellers (like seller awwan). Who sells Westone cables that are pre-trimmed for use with Ultimate Ears?

I would prefer something sturdier than the stock cable. However, some of the Null Audio cables are thick and stiff, and not ideal for using on the go.

Thanks!

Feb 16, 2010 at 4:42 AM Post #2 of 2
My first pair died about a month of use around the jack so I asked for a replacement. I don't think that was my fault; seemed like normal wear and tear. I got that replacement Monday. Saturday I broke the metal jack off of it because it got caught on my foot. I ended up replacing the jack using this method. :|
(Note: I actually haven't ruined any headphones/IEMs besides terrible skull candy ones and a pair of jvc marshmallows; my actual IEMs like my Shure SCL3s have lasted over a year of good hard use)

How-To: Repairing Faulty Headphones · chrismetcalf.net

All is good so far but I have a suspicion that it's around the jack that most of the problems will occur. Anyone confirm/deny?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back