Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10 or Monster Turbine Pro Copper
Dec 26, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #31 of 41
Slightly v-shaped IMO. The mids aren't really recessed IMO, but the treble and bass are certainly more prominent. The MTPCs probably qualify as "basshead" IEMs, but just barely.

Dec 27, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #32 of 41
Thanks for response selenium I'll take a look at the Sony Hybrids, does anyone have any suggestions about a custom cable that I should get. I was looking into the Westone cables but I heard the fit on the actual ear pieces aren't very good. Thanks for the help again.

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #33 of 41
the sony hybrids really improved my tf10 experience, a must. the biggest difference between the two for me is isolation, the coppers dont isolate at all while the tf10 do isolate. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #34 of 41
Erm...what? The Coppers are completely sealed, made of metal, and essentially plug the ear canal while using them. Logically, why would they not isolate? I've used them while mowing my lawn.

Dec 27, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #35 of 41
well ive found that my coppers dont sound good with total isolation. so i wear them with foam supertips which dont isolate very well. so the isolation comment could just be an individual tip choice that ive made. 

Dec 27, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #37 of 41
Check out this thread.

If you want a cheap option, the recently released Fiio RC-UE1 cable seems like a good option. Impressions from ClieOS here

Or get a Chris_Himself cable.

Jan 7, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #39 of 41
Interesting...this chart doesn't look anything like what pretty much everyone says about the TF10 (recessed mids). The one from LA Audio is more indicative of the slight mid-range dip that most of us hear with this can. The Headroom chart makes it almost look like an Sennheiser (which the UE is probably the polar opposite of!).

In any case, neither chart tells us that the TF10 is "V-shaped" or has spiked treble. The upper frequencies are clearly less pronounced than the mids and the bass (on both charts).

I suggest that people should try a better seal if the TF10 sounds "V-shaped" to them.
Quote:
Even though this is from two different sources, I'd say neither look neutral.

Feb 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #40 of 41
Hey Guys
I've been using the TF5 for over four years now, had some cable issues in first two years, but thats all sorted now.. As for the foam Vs the silicone? the later won for me.
I'm now using my iPhone for music, have downloaded the app called EQu-a graphic equalizer, it is absolutely mind blowing combined with the TF5's IEMs, its like have a nightclub in your head, the sound is MONUMENTAL!!!  Trust me..  I've just ordered the TF10s and can't wait. 

Basically, i have heard a lot of IEM and come from a musical back ground, and i think they are the best i've ever heard for all round quality,depth, you name it..

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #41 of 41
ahh.. i was totally sold on some MTPC or MTPG but i can't help but look up and research every thread on UETF10s. i actually was looking for some fun slightly colored bass heavy in ears... but i just can't help but thinking I'm going to love these UETF10s despite the looks and comfort issues. i currently have a RSA PREDATOR which i hear matches up quite nicely with the headphones as well...  also the fact that i can upgrade the cables could be nice, probably get something with a little more weight to it and not as fragile....  I'm very new to IEMS besides some cheap apple buds and nike exercise buds always can be seen with some full sized open cans, but getting very tired lugging them around everywhere i go

Users who are viewing this thread

Back