Ultimate Ears super.fi 5 EB Sound Isolating Earphones
Feb 24, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #2 of 7
Did you do a search? I only ask because you have not mentioned attempting one, yet.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #3 of 7
These are very fun and "niche" type headphones. Good for those days when you feel like listening to some club type music. Bass has a very heavy hit and goes deep, and is obviously the biggest strength of these headphones. The highs are still present also, and gets better as the burn in period tightens and tames the bass. Mids are obviously not its forte so not much to say there. With that said, I discourage you from getting these as your "main" headphones since it's 1) HUGE and uncomfortable, 2) can be very fatiguing to listen to for more than 30 minutes and 3) obviously only good for very limited genres of music.

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:19 AM Post #4 of 7
From what I have read the bass strongly overpowers the rest of the spectrum, and is very muddy. If you want bass I would suggest you try the Futuresonics Atrio M5/M8 or the Monster Turbine, or maybe even the Senn CX300s.

Feb 24, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #5 of 7
To put it mildly: I hated them! Too heavy, too uncomfortable and the midrange was so far out of sync, i just had to get rid of them, after about 2 months that's exactly what i did. Now I've got the triples which i find far better in terms of fit and comfort. some may laugh at that, but i do, the triple are better.

The bass is good and strong, and deep, but as a package, i just couldn't get on with them. maybe one day i'll try them again. but they'd have to sort out that midrange, it was so unpredictable.

Feb 24, 2009 at 4:18 PM Post #6 of 7
better get Super.fi 5 Version 2.

sf5-PB170028main.jpg

Mar 1, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #7 of 7
They're perfect for electronic music, but they do need some equalizing that's for sure. I got them myself, and I really enjoy genres like hardstyle, hardcore and house with these in-ears. I don't find them uncomfortable in any way, but I prefer only using them with my mp3 player (Cowon S9). If you're gonna use them with an mp3 player then it has to have an equalizer. These in-ears NEED this. I used a few hours until I found the perfect eq options for these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back