Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 3 cable problems
Sep 11, 2009 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
So I haven't posted for a while, because I pretty much had the best of everything for my ears, until tonight.

The cable on my SF3's have been coming off for about 3 months. As you can imagine the repetitive insertion of them and the movement has eroded the mating surface of the cable a tiny bit and now I have a bit of a problem.

The cables freely pop off on the left side. So if I were to sleep with them in, I wake up with my left one missing and I have to play treasure hunt for my left housing every morning before I set off.

Is a new cable going to fit flush and be all good to go, or do I need to go with UE's notoriously bad customer service and attempt to warranty the entire unit?

Sleeping with cans is a bit difficult because I only sleep on my side...

Please help guys!

Sep 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #2 of 6
im kind of having the same problem with my triple fi's but it hasnt gotten to the point where it will fall off. i still have to put some pressure on it to pull it off. i have already had 3 different replacment cables so its not the cable its self, its the actual can. so i think u might be out of luck and have to either go through customer service or pick up a new set of IEM. sorry mate.

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #3 of 6
Should I move up to the Super Fi 5, buy the Altec Lansing UHP, or just replace the set if my warranty doesnt go thru?

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by imhungry29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im kind of having the same problem with my triple fi's but it hasnt gotten to the point where it will fall off. i still have to put some pressure on it to pull it off. i have already had 3 different replacment cables so its not the cable its self, its the actual can. so i think u might be out of luck and have to either go through customer service or pick up a new set of IEM. sorry mate.

Or get them remolded in a custom shell.

Sep 11, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #5 of 6
I'd like to interject for a moment.

How do you manage to sleep on your side with SF3s in? I find it impossible since they dig in and block the sound, as well as being rather uncomfortable.

Sep 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM Post #6 of 6
well first off how much would a custom molding cost? and can u even do that with the triple fi 10's? i thought it was only with the 11's u could do that. and then i would go up to the new super fi 5's. they are very low profile and have a low and high BA for a pretty decent sound. and when i say low profile i mean they are flush up to the ear. they are about 150 USD though. would be a good investment though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back