Ultimate Ears Refund for ue11?
Oct 20, 2007 at 9:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

cconnaker

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone - I am beyond frustrated with the fit problems I am experiencing with my ue11 custom earphones. I have sent them back to UE for two re-fittings and still no luck. For $1150 I, rightly or wrongly, expect a much better experience. Granted the customer service of UE has been absolutely perfect, but the product has not even been close.

My question: what are the odds of getting a refund for my custom ue11 earphones?

I did see the following statement on their website, but I am wondering if anyone has tried to get a refund or has any experience with them on this.

from their website:
REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE CONSUMER.

Please help.

Oct 20, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #2 of 11
i wouldnt give up on the ue11's yet my friend because you may be the owner of some of the best earphones ever made.

what i would say to you is send them off one more time but maybe with a new set of molds done at an audiologist because your origonal ones may be inaccurate for some reason.

one thing is for sure ultimate ears rarely gets it wrong twice so maybe the problem is the dodgy molds they recieved, yes more molds is more money but it may just be worth it if it gets you audio heaven in the end.

if however the third time process is a failure do express your anger and dissapointment and ask for your money back

Oct 20, 2007 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 11
Where do you live? It may be worth taking a trip to the UE facility and having them make the molds for you. This would be my choice since I live within 70 miles from them, but it may not be feasible for you to do so. If not, try another audiologist.

What fit problems are you experiencing? Have you owned custom IEMs before? Have you used universal IEMs before? Maybe they just aren't for you. From what I've read, usually after the third refit they will offer you a refund since it probably isn't worth it financially for them to make unlimited attempts to satisfy you. They are a great company though and will do whatever they can to try to make you happy. I'd say give it at least one more try and if the third time isn't a charm, ask for your money back. If you're set on having the best custom IEMs money can buy, no point trying to get them from another company -- the UE11 are the best custom IEMs money can buy.

Oct 20, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #4 of 11
Try the same audiologist, and explain what's happened. Sometimes they'll retake impressions for free if they didn't work the first time, then send those off for a re-fit.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #6 of 11
I wish I lived close enough to go to ue in person, but I am half way across the country.

I know customs are right for me because the right earphone fits absolutely perfect! I am just having issues with the left one.

I did use an audiologist on their list and he seemed to know what he was doing.

Alright, maybe I'll give it one more shot because I really want the best customs and I'm not sure I would find it anywhere else.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #7 of 11
Call the audiologist and tell him you need him to redo the left ear impression! He should do that for free because obviously something isn't right with that impression and UE is unable to correct it without another impression. Send that new impression (left ear) along with your 11's back to UE for correction. Believe me, I know how frustrating these fit issues are. I'm also on my 3rd try but this time I'm having a brand new set of impressions made by a different audiologist. Mine are close but not quite there, and for $1150.00 I won't tolerate loss of highs due to head position or jaw position. What is your symptom in that left ear?

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:43 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call the audiologist and tell him you need him to redo the left ear impression! He should do that for free because obviously something isn't right with that impression and UE is unable to correct it without another impression. Then send the new impression along with your 11's back to UE. Believe me, I know how frustrating these fit issues are. I'm also on my 3rd try but this time I'm having a brand new set of impressions made by a different audiologist. They are very close but not quite there, and for $1150.00 I want them done right!

I know how you feel. My set is almost perfect but not quite. They sound amazing but I am nto getting the suction pop when I remove them on my left ear. I get everything perfect with my right. Ohh well it is a custom and worth the trouble of a refit. I think a coating would fix my problem.

Oct 21, 2007 at 2:55 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know how you feel. My set is almost perfect but not quite. They sound amazing but I am nto getting the suction pop when I remove them on my left ear.

oh, i have the same problem. it bothers but livable.

Mar 21, 2009 at 10:56 PM Post #10 of 11
i have the se530s.
how big of a difference is the UE11?

Mar 21, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deulce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have the se530s.
how big of a difference is the UE11?

Nice bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back