Ultimate Ears MetroFi 200v worth it?
Jun 3, 2009 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 15
I haven't heard the MetroFi 200, but I own a set of the Altec Lansing UHP306 which are supposedly the same thing. They sound pretty good, I suppose, and would probably make a decent set of backup 'phones at that price but for only $10 more you can get the Altec Lansing UHP336 which is a rebadged SuperFi 3.

Altec Lansing UHP336 on Amazon

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #3 of 15
Thanks. I am not really in the market for another set, but saw these in my email and they have a in-line mic, I thought would make some good, cheap, workout headphones...if $25 is a good deal. More about the deal than the need.

Jun 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 15
This is my sister's In-Ear of choice, and IMO after trying it... not really, although it IS cheap. I'd scale up a bit and look at Nuforce NE-7M, Apple In-Ears, or Phonak Audeo PFE (the version with mic) for ones with in-line mic option.

But if you are thinking of these just for the sake of getting a deal, then no.

Jun 3, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 15
Thanks. If I could get the other ones for $25, I certainly would, but just purchased some Futuresonics for $150 and thought for $25, those might make some decent "workout" iems that I don't have to worry taking the best care of.

Jun 3, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #6 of 15
I find the mf200/uhp306 to be rather large and a bit on the heavy side. Not what I'd consider an ideal "workout" IEM, but then again, I don't like IEMs while I'm working out.

Jun 3, 2009 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 15
I had a pair of these. they were utterly underwhelming.
Didn't have the classic ultimate ears energy, and i considered them very flat (as in boring). highs were a little recessed, and bass wasn't impressive.

Not sure how i can this much more clearly than that i was thoroughly uninterested.

I got the nuforce NE-7Ms instead. which sound a ton better and cost $50.

Jun 3, 2009 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 15
Jun 4, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #10 of 15
I bought a pair of these off Amazon last week for $30. They are better than any $30 phones I've had before. The bass is not as extended as some of my higher end phones, but it's better than my Etymotics 4s. As mentioned above, the sound is a bit analytical. Perhaps this will change as the phones break in. Comparing them to bass heavy phones such as the Monster Turbine (which I took back), I like these better. The flanges are a bit large for small ear canals. Still, these are good for a work out walk or other, rougher activities where you might not want to carry around $400 phones.

Jun 26, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #12 of 15
Bummer, I just got them. Its going to be my first in ear, I hope not too much of a disappointment. I will report back here and tell you what I think. I read good recommendations of them else where here, at the $25 price point.

In any case, I am looking at getting a Graham Slee Voyager amp and some top of the line in ears once I have that. Lots of research bound to happen here at head fi.

Jul 30, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #14 of 15
I'm pretty fond of the U.E's 200. their pretty solid in ears in all areas. they have a good amount of bass after burn in, they have decent sound reproductions and they use a good quality cable.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #15 of 15

Quote:
Bummer, I just got them. Its going to be my first in ear, I hope not too much of a disappointment. I will report back here and tell you what I think. I read good recommendations of them else where here, at the $25 price point.

In any case, I am looking at getting a Graham Slee Voyager amp and some top of the line in ears once I have that. Lots of research bound to happen here at head fi.

I have the UHP 206 and I was shocked at how nice they sound.

Good low end with a crisp top end and a midrange that wasn't too recessed.

I plan on trying the UHP 306 and the UHP 336

Users who are viewing this thread

Back