Ultimate Ears Loud Enough Earphones for Kids?...(Help).
Oct 3, 2008 at 6:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ryan41488

Head-Fier
Apple Store (U.S.) - Ultimate Ears Loud Enough Earphones for Kids (Blue)

Has anyone heard of these?...I'm thinking of getting them, oddly enough. I've never used a UE's product in my life, but I wonder if they'd fit my ears. There was a review from a 50 + guy on Amazon and said he purchased them because he had small ears, and they were excellent. Their also 39.99 + shipping. Any thoughts?..And do UE make good products?..I only have about 45 bucks to spare anyway, so I might as well as get these =P.

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:02 AM Post #2 of 6
IEMs for kids? WTH?? That's something new.
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

TS290

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #3 of 6
I've heard of them
They apparently have a low maximum volume (high impedance?) by design, to avoid damaging kids' hearing

As for UE quality - I've never had any myself, but have a look at the other threads on here... UE make the TripleFi, SuperFi, and others. Lots of happy users of those on this forum.

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #4 of 6
These seem like a really great idea for kids who like their music.. Personally, my experience of kids (young kids, at least) is that they don't really care what headphones they have so I prolly wouldnt buy these for my kids, if I had any
tongue.gif

I have a pair of Sony MDR-EX90LPs and the smallest set of tips for them are TINY! I thought I had small canals but I can't imagine who would use those tips, they're ridiculous.. I'd post a pic but I'm a lazy lazy man...

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, I was gonna say those tips would have to be really small if they're going to fit kids ears without being uncomfortable(not shoving a big tip into a tiny ear). The smallest size of regular IEM/canalphones are already very small. I'd like to see more about these UE phones.

I did a Google search. Not much about them so they must not be that popular. Surprised nobody here has done a review yet.

Wonder how these will go over with kids, considering the "sticking in the ear" of these headphones?

Oct 3, 2008 at 8:41 PM Post #6 of 6
The main reason I'm thinking of getting these is because of the low SPL level. Because I have Creative EP 630's, and as someone who likes to listen to his iPod a lot. I don't like the fact that the SPL is like 106...I've read the things on hearing damage and etc. Even though when using them the volume on my iPod is down all the way, still, I don't want to take a chance. I'm not sure if there's anyone else on these forums that want to preserve their hearing, but, you should also look into Brookstone's Surround Sound earbuds, which I own, it's just that they're not IEM's, but they have a technology that directs sound waves from the eardrum so you don't mess up your hearing and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back