Ultimate Ears - Do they do custom molds at Macworld?
Jan 3, 2008 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

rgbyhkr

100+ Head-Fier
So, I'm headed to Macworld in a couple of weeks. Amongst the various computer and audio vendors booths I plan on checking out, UE is high on my target list. A UE-11 purchase may be in my near future. I figured that I would go by the booth, maybe get a chance to listen to the 10s with a universal tip and hopefully get a a custom mold done. Those last 2 I'm not sure about though. For one, I don't know if they would display the custom series at a show like Macworld and 2, the expense of having an audiologist on-hand may not make economic sense at this kind of show.

I called UE to find out, and they directed me to their marketing person. I left her a message, but with CES coming up next week, I have a feeling I won't get a call back before Macworld. I was basically asking what they might have on display at the show and if they would have an audiologist in the booth. If no on both, I might just go ahead and get the mold done before the show. But if they will be doing either, and especially both, I would wait. The mold part seems to be hit or miss depending on the audiologist, so I figure one they bring to a show would be your best bet.

So, any previous MW attendees remember if UE displayed the custom series and/or had an audiologist on-hand? Alternatively, anyone have direct (direct number, extension or email) contact info for a UE rep who would know? Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Jan 5, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #3 of 9
I am not sure if they will be making impressions there or not. Best thing to do would be contact the customs department and ask.

Jan 5, 2008 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not sure if they will be making impressions there or not. Best thing to do would be contact the customs department and ask.

I've called more than once and I think I keep getting the same woman who answers the phone. Frankly, her tone isn't really one that makes you feel like she wants to be all that helpful. I told her about trying to get this specific info as it relates to them displaying at Macworld and she directed me to their marketing person who I haven't heard back from. Any suggestions on a particular person to ask for in customs? Thanks.

Jeff

Jan 5, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #5 of 9
Janette but you will probably get her voice mail. If you email them they are pretty good at getting back to you quickley.

Jan 5, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #6 of 9
It's Jeanette
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:07 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by flashbak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Jeanette
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes it is, I just cant spell worth a flip.

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #8 of 9
UE didn't do any custom molds at last year's MW, as far as i can recall...i'm not sure what they or the other custom IEM companies have in store for this year.

livewires did custom molds at last year's macworld...but i understand they won't be doing it this year.

Jan 5, 2008 at 8:43 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kugino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE didn't do any custom molds at last year's MW, as far as i can recall...i'm not sure what they or the other custom IEM companies have in store for this year.

livewires did custom molds at last year's macworld...but i understand they won't be doing it this year.

Thanks for the info as that was what I was looking for. I figured that MW wasn't the kind of show that would right for doing the molds. I'll be sure to see if they have any UE-10s on hand to listen to with universal tips. I'll also ask them for any suggestions, beyond what's already in the audiologist instructions to try and get a good fit the first time around. I know they will redo them, I'd just rather not waste time with refittings.

Thanks for all the help and for recommending Jeanette.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back