ultimate ears 700
Jan 26, 2013 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

georgebuchs

Head-Fier
Hi I would like to know if the ue700 are good for hiphop,rap,r&b,house and dubstep music.I use a ipod nano 6th gen with Fiio E6 my music is 320kps.I had monster turbines and was very happy with them till i lost them and do not want to buy them again so thought I would go for something else.So what I really want to know is how do they compair to MT.I have heard there bass is more natural then MT and that they have better mids and treble.Is there barely any bass compared to MT.Will they sound good with the music I like the ipod and fiio amp I use thanks

Jan 26, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #2 of 4
How much do you value comfort and ergonomics? The UE700 are one of the smallest IEMs available. Extremely lightweight, fast to insert and remove etc. That makes them really awesome for real portable use, gym and so on. That said, while the bass is decent, it´s not in any way strong or above all impactful either. In practise you need at least 3 armature drivers in an IEM in order to get impactful bass (or an IEM with a dynamic driver). And even then bass response is an issue in most balanced armature driver based IEMs. BA´s are simply not that good for bass, that´s why really high end gear like the AKG hybrid IEM tends to use a dynamic driver for the bass frequencies. UE700 has nice mids and treble though.

Even though I tend to use my UE700 at the gym with rock/electronica/rap music, the bass is clearly their weakness. With the genres you mentioned, I wouldn´t go for the UE700 unless you can get them very cheap and even then you´ll most likely want to upgrade at some point.

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #3 of 4
I do not need a super amount of bass and I thought the monster turbines had more than enough bass but mids where OK and vocals sounded held back. And i just dont want to buy them again.Do the ue700 sound "bare" in a way.Will the Fiio E6 amp help the bass thanks

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #4 of 4
BA-based earphones generally have a tighter and faster low end than dynamics. The UE700 is no exception, having a fast and lighter impact, and it can sound very lacking coming from the Turbine's plethora of bass. It would be wise to not go for any BA for now IMO, but if you really want to get a BA, maybe go for Kilpsch X10. They have a good quantity of bass, especially for a BA...perhaps the most I've had in any BA. But I will have to suggest the EPH-100 foremost. They have a great impact and both bass quantity and quality, a neutral midrange which is very clean, and a smooth treble, which is not at all harsh or sibilant, yet is lacking in sparkle. But coming from the Turbine, the EPH-100 is very impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back