Ultimate Ears 500 - One ear sounds louder than other?
Sep 17, 2011 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RawrDuy

New Head-Fier
I just purchased a pair of UE500 and what I noticed after a day of use is that the left earbud is slightly louder than the right. I tried this with multiple devices, and the same thing happened. It's not a substantial difference, but you can definitely tell when listening to anything. Is this normal? Is there anyway to control the volume in each earbud on a iPod touch?

Sep 17, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #2 of 4

Quote:
I just purchased a pair of UE500 and what I noticed after a day of use is that the left earbud is slightly louder than the right. I tried this with multiple devices, and the same thing happened. It's not a substantial difference, but you can definitely tell when listening to anything. Is this normal? Is there anyway to control the volume in each earbud on a iPod touch?

This definitely isn't normal.

It's either one of three problems:
  1. Seal differences can cause one side to sound different than the other.
  2. Driver flex can cause one side to sound silent
  3. Hardware issue that is caused by a malfunctioning driver.
Try to play around with the tips and insertion depth to see if it's that.  Otherwise, contact UE/Logitech customer support.

Sep 17, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Switch sides and see if you hear the inverted difference. If so then probably should prepare for a return or exchange. 

The UE 500s are asymmetrical in shape.  I don't think switching them would be a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back