Ultimate Ear Super.Fi 5's vs Ultimate Ears 700s
Jan 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Tucking Fypo

New Head-Fier
I have finally narrowed it down to the final two:

There is a £35 price difference between the former and the latter.

Does anyone know if there is much of a difference in sound quality?
Which offers better bass?
What music genres are they best suited to?

If these were the only two headphones on the market, would you pay the extra £35 for the 700s?

Jan 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #5 of 10
I have the Super Fi 5 Pro's and the 700's. For comfort there's no question the 700 is better. In fact, I believe the 700's have more clarity than the SF5's as well. I find it much easier to actually understand vocals on the 700's. That said, I also believe that there's slightly punchier bass with the SF5's. For comfort and all around great sound, though, my vote goes to the 700's. Good luck!

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ansextra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the Super Fi 5 Pro's and the 700's. For comfort there's no question the 700 is better. In fact, I believe the 700's have more clarity than the SF5's as well. I find it much easier to actually understand vocals on the 700's. That said, I also believe that there's slightly punchier bass with the SF5's. For comfort and all around great sound, though, my vote goes to the 700's. Good luck!

Thanks for your post.

How is the bass on the 700s though, how would you rate it out of 10 in terms of bass quantity and clarity?

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ansextra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For me the bass on the 700's is fine. BUT, I'm not a basshead like others are. I like the bass to be part of the music but not overpowering.

Ah ok.

So in general, are happy with the 700s?

Jan 8, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #10 of 10
I would pay the extra and get the UE700. Its less than half the size and has 2 drivers. I believe you could get more bass out of the 700 by EQing. When you up the bass, there will be no distortion on the mids and highs as aposed to a single driver. Thats why I love my IE-40, you can EQ a seperate driver and notice no changes in the other spectrums, rather than adjusting the entire band on 1 driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back