Ultimate Ear Lifespan?
Jun 1, 2004 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Spaghetti

100+ Head-Fier
Since the UE's are custom molded to your ear, how long can you expect them to last until their seal is no longer good? I understand that every person ages/changes weights differently. I am just looking for an average.

I have been seriously considering a set of UE-10's, but that is some serious money for me so I would like to know how much life I will get out of them.

Jun 1, 2004 at 7:03 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaghetti
Since the UE's are custom molded to your ear, how long can you expect them to last until their seal is no longer good? I understand that every person ages/changes weights differently. I am just looking for an average.

I have been seriously considering a set of UE-10's, but that is some serious money for me so I would like to know how much life I will get out of them.

Unless you pile on the pounds or lose them significantly you should not expect your ear canal shape to change much in adult life. Contact UE directly about this, but there isn't really a solid answer given the variability involved.

The hard acrylic versions are said to be more resiliant than the full soft ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back