Ultimate ear 5 pro wire help!
Apr 30, 2009 at 12:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Bmei

New Head-Fier
Hey, my UE5PRO wires ripped off from the gold plated connector because of an accident :X UE said to rma the headphones back to them.. but I dont like that hassle... and when I was thinking about ordering it off their website its $20+$70 shipping.. and that is ridiculously expensive for a wire -.-

So, I was wondering if there are any other wires I can get for cheaper that will fit my UE5PRO? been without a good pair of headphones for awhile
frown.gif
please help and thank you!

Apr 30, 2009 at 1:18 AM Post #2 of 8
UE must be crazy to ask you to RMA the headphones when only the wires are damaged (the gold plated connector is from the L-shaped plug right)?

I think ES2, cables for UE customs or other custom cables will be more expensive than buying normal UE wires from eBay or some other online store.

Apr 30, 2009 at 7:21 AM Post #3 of 8
The connector isn't L-shaped, its straight. The gold plated connector came out lol I see the glue and stuff :p but yeah.. is there a cheaper way to get the wires replaced? $20 is pretty cheap at the website.. but then the shipping is $70 like What?? I live in Canada btw.

Apr 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #5 of 8
not your lucky night dude, why dont you ask UE to just send you a replacement cable if you provide proof of purchase and warranty, UE customer service is ***** tho in my opinion i once emailed them in 2007 and still havnt got the reply i asked for...beats me what happened there.

edit: oops i tried to fudge that swear word to make it acceptable, my bad.
redface.gif

May 1, 2009 at 5:00 PM Post #8 of 8
Just for future reference Ultimate Ears Customs, Hearyourself.com, and Westone customs all have interchangeable cables. Out of all three I like the SQ or the UE's best.
Also, replacing the 3.5mm connector is on of the easiest DIY projects out there. If they don't require you to send the old one back, you should give it a try, and then you'll have a back-up set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back