Ultimate crown for the top tier headphone amplifier goes to...
Jun 20, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #16 of 26
I liked my combo for LCD-4 - ECBA and GG2. don't think that you can find more musical amp for this musical headphones than old good Balancing Act)

vrOiPAJHbWw.jpg

Jun 21, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #17 of 26
I liked my combo for LCD-4 - ECBA and GG2. don't think that you can find more musical amp for this musical headphones than old good Balancing Act)

vrOiPAJHbWw.jpg

That Golden Gate tho...

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 30, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #19 of 26
actually no, it is Viva Solistino for my loudspeakers. But I am seriously thinking about Egoista, the 2A3 version. maybe buy it this winter and can compare with ECBA.

Jun 30, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #21 of 26
I believe 2A3 is better sounding tubes for me. And all reviews I read said 2A3 more musical. 2A3 anyway is a very legendary musical tube. I may go with 845 if I would have Abisses, but they are not in my plans, so I don't need very powerful amp anyway.

Jul 2, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #22 of 26
The Apex Pinnacle 2 Ultra and Pinnacle 2 are awesome headphone amps and preamps. They are designed by Pete Millett, known for his tube designs and some great DIY designs.

I saw it mentioned they are over priced but the cost of components and design easily justify their price. And I realize they are not for most people. Those who have purchased them have been very pleased. If you are interested in hearing the Pinnacle 2 I have one I can loan so you can directly compare to some of the other great amps you have shown in this thread. You can email me at todd@ttvjaudio.com and arrange an audition. The Pinnacle 2 makes an awesome preamp also! You are also invited to my shop to hear the Pinnacle 2 Ultra. It is permanently fixed in my rack of high end gear as the main preamp and also can be used for headphones.

There are a number of very good headphone amps that sound and perform with excellence and it often comes down to personal preference. All of the above amps are worthy of the High End tag!

The Pinnacle 2 uses PX4 tubes from Sophia. Other PX4 tubes can also be used - like the Emission Labs PX-4 and KR Audio PX4 tubes. The Pinnacle 2 Ultra comes with the Emission Labs tubes. I personally like the Emission Labs best.
The 6SN7 tube should be replaced by your favorite 6SN7 tube. We send it out with a current Russian made Tung Sol. Using a Sylvania Bad Boy or any other to notch 6SN7 brings out the best in the amp.
It has 3 gain settings, including one that allows for IEM use. It has 3 balanced or single ended inputs, single and balanced headphone outputs, as well as pre amp out in single ended or balanced mode.

apexpinnacleP2_front.jpg

Power Supply
apexpinnacleP2PS_front.jpg

Todd

Apr 15, 2024 at 8:27 AM Post #26 of 26
yes virginia, there's a summit. takatsuki 2a3, 274 b all the way

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back