Ultimate analog archiving deck, Korg MR-2000s 1-bit DSD recorder.
Mar 31, 2012 at 11:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio

This deck does 1-bit DSD and up to 192k WAV recording for archiving and a great sounding DAC to boot.  A serious recorder.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #3 of 7
the Korg is an excellent bang-for-the-buck digital archiving tool, and likely the best modestly priced digital recorder; but when you add the words 'ultimate' and 'analog' i would have to differ.

2xdsd or even dsd is the ultimate digital archiving format. there are higher quality much more expensive pro audio digital recorders that can outperform the Korg since the Korg is built to a very modest price point.

as far as analog archiving, i would (and do) prefer my Studer and Ampex reel to reel master recorders.

of course; it is a matter of opinion whether achiving analog to digital is preferred to archiving analog to analog. digital is certainly more practical and cheaper to work with. and personally; why would i want to record my Lps and dumb them down? why not simply listen to them. the copies can not sound as good. but many do like to digitize their Lps.

if you are saying the Korg is superior for recording your Lps to digital to many other modestly priced choices i would 100% agree. at it's price it's a no-brainer for that purpose.

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:28 AM Post #4 of 7
Well, you can't really get a 1-bit DSD recorder for less money than the Korg MR2000.  Do your needle drops in 2.8MHZ 1-bit DIFF and burn it to DVD so it can be played on a SACD player.  That's a real winner IMO.

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:41 AM Post #5 of 7
I want to buy the MR2000.

This WILL happen.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Well, you can't really get a 1-bit DSD recorder for less money than the Korg MR2000.  Do your needle drops in 2.8MHZ 1-bit DIFF and burn it to DVD so it can be played on a SACD player.  That's a real winner IMO.

When you consider the benefits of absolutely eliminating acoustic feedback in a speaker based system there is less than no reason not to do this. 

I often wonder how many peoples' complaints about vinyl stem from acoustic feedback in speaker-based systems. Mneh. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back