UK order from Amazon Japan
Dec 2, 2017 at 7:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ipcress

New Head-Fier
I've registered with Amazon Japan and have placed an order with them. One item is out of stock so the order has not been dispatched, all as you'd expect. The weird thing is they've not taken payment yet either? Has anyone from the UK had a similar experience or do you think there is something wrong? I've had an order confirmation from Amazon.co.jp, but nothing about any payment issues.

Thanks

Dec 2, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #3 of 10
Since it's an official Amazon website I wouldn't worry. Sometimes Amazon only takes the money once the item is dispatched and on the way.

OK thanks I'll keep an eye on it and see what happens

Dec 8, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 10
Just to update and close out my query.

Got email confirmation that items have been shipped, and notification from my card that payment was taken later on today too.

So it does appear Amazon Japan don't take payment until all items are ready to be dispatched, all good :smile_phones:

Dec 11, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 10
Yep it's a great site, especially for stuff that's not available in UK

Scroll to bottom of home page to select English (if required)

Easy to create an account, and it shows you how much it costs to to get items shipped to UK before you check out.

They take off local tax then add shipping and import duty, so no nasty surprises when it gets delivered. My first order is coming via DHL

31M5qnP.jpg

The only slight catch is you can't order from third party sellers, only items Shipped and Sold by Amazon

Dec 11, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #8 of 10
You can find some great deals on the various Amazon sites if you're willing to live with a slightly longer delivery times. I did the same thing recently from amazon.co.uk...got a set of Philips X2's for $150 less than what they charge for them in the US

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #10 of 10
Looks like Amazon have changed their policy or Sony have made them change it.

I ordered a few bits that we can't get in the UK last December without any issues.

I've just tried to order some more Sony items direct form Amazon JP, not third party seller but it's no longer possible.

Really annoying, as Sony UK is very limited with the accessories they stock :triportsad:

sfZ2iXW.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back